161w ago - Sony Social Media Manager Jeff Rubenstein has shared a video today spotlighting Machete in The Fight: Lights Out for PlayStation Move on PS3.
To quote: When we got our first beta build of The Fight: Lights Out, we were ecstatic to find that Danny Trejo was in it, starring as your trainer, Duke.
You may not know the name, but you've probably seen this bad-ass in movies like Con Air, Machete, and From Dusk Til Dawn (where, as a vampire bartender, he was awesomely impaled with a cue stick).
So when we met him recently, it was a treat to find out that he's not just some paid celebrity shill; he could pick up a pair of PlayStation Move controllers and wipe the floor with dudes in The Fight: Lights Out.
And as a guy with some boxing experience - in prison no less - Danny had some fight tips to share with us. The Fight: Lights Out is available tomorrow, exclusively for PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Move.
If you're a fan of Mr. Trejo, stay tuned to our Twitter feed. Danny signed some posters for you PlayStation fans, and we'll be giving them out soon.
163w ago - Normally we don't cover MAC stuff, however, today Marcello from PensieriDigitali.com (lupin4 on our site) let us know he has made available a guide detailing how to upgrade PS3Break firmware via MAC OSX (AT90USB162) for PS3 JailBreak users.
To quote: This procedure has been tested only with PS3Break 1.0 key (atmel chip) and do not guarantee that work with other key (in theory just change some parameters).
How to flash a PS3Break 1.0 with MAC OSX:
New method (thanks to ScotthishCpt) with this procedure you do not install anything because ScotthishCpt built a self-contained SDK, and when you're done, just unmount the disk image without trace or driver in the system.
1) Download from HERE the modified version of Avr8_sdk.
2) Double click on (AVR8_SDK.dmg) and mount the volume (avr8_sdk).
3) Browse to Applications directory in the volume.
4) Launch SDK TERMINAL.
5) At this time insert the PS3Break key in the usb port in DFU mode (click the upgrade button immediately after it's inserted).
6) If the key is correctly in DFU mode the green light should be off, you can...
167w ago - I've have successfully modded the Smackdown 2010 game on the PS3 and can confirm the following:
• The model, texture, wrestler archive (pac) and arc files are exactly the same as the 360 version, therefore these can be interchanged between consoles.
• My X-PacKer 5.0 app which allows for texture editing and injection works perfectly with the ps3format archive files (check http://sf4mods.blogspot.com for the app)
• The game installs all the pac files onto the internal ps3 hard drive when you first boot the game up, so all mods to the game must be done on the internal ps3 hard drive.
I'm randomly getting errors that the data on the internal hdd is corrupt when making changes. Not sure why the game does this as yet.
In order to overcome this, I need to replace the edited files with the originals and then boot the game. I then need to exit to the XMB and add the edited files, boot the game again and it loads fine. There could be a checksum somewhere which is storing the filesizes.
• I'm still investigating hacks to the paint tool files, will post info shortly. Check out Mr Mouse's PT Explorer v0.1.7 app on XeNTaX for more info about this type of hack.