• Improved network startups and various fixes
• Added internal HDD support (HDL format)
• Added the ability to choose the default menu (USB, NET, HDD games)
• Added the ability to use a valid disc ID for online games
• Added a fix for modchip freezing (maybe not all modchips)
• Many new game compatibility fixes
• Added IGR (In Game Reset) with a disable per game option
• Added Alphabetical Sorting
• Changed Settings categories
• Added page scrolling (R1/L1)
• Added support for user language files
• Network support...
193w ago - Not long ago we reported on a PSP Firmware 6.20 Patapon 2 Save Game Exploit, and today firespike8 has posted from the SVN both a binary and source alongside a demo video for the PSPgo Half Byte Loader Beta 1.0 and game pack.
The game pack includes all games/apps compatible with PSP 3000 and PSPgo, and was tested on 6.20 Assassins Creed PSP and Gran Turismo Edition.
However, only a small amount of homebrew works, other homebrew (like emulators and LUA-powered PSP homebrew) do not work yet.
To quote: This is the half byte loader pack WITH working and maybe working games inside. It contains everything you need for running the eloader except the patapon 2 demo which I have provided a link to in the readme.
I made the instructions as simple and noob proof as possible so there will hopefully be alot less complaints/questions.
202w ago - Today GeoHot has released sample PS3 Linux isolated SPU loader code for those with OtherOS to experiment with.
To quote: "Right now, I'm playing with the isolated SPEs, trying to get metldr to load from OtherOS. Interesting thing, I am not using the exploit. I always assumed the enable isolation mode register was hypervisor privileged.
It's not, it's kernel privileged, which means using hypervisor calls you can all get to it. So, get to hacking. Here is the code I am playing with.
I'm not that opposed to releasing the exploit, but I think the majority of you are going to be disappointed, even if you do get it working. Unless you have pushed the HV to it's limits, this exploit really isn't going to do much for you... yet.
So install OtherOS and start playing around. If people start coming up with convincing reasons why they need the exploit to go further, I'll release it. It's just a waste to release if people can't make use of it.
As far as the GPU goes, I have full access to the GPU memory space 0x2800... But without a driver, it's useless. 3D video card drivers are notoriously hard to write, look at the ATI and NVIDIA ones for linux. The best are still the closed source manufacturer ones.
• Switched to whole new IOP core
• Changed some compatibility modes effect
• Added compatibility for DVD9 layer1
• Improved overall speed for both SMB/USB
• Support for more embedded NAS devices
• Support for multiple partitions
For example, with it you can launch an alternative dash like the one based on the OXM Disc directly.
To use it, you must rename the default.xex to usb.xex in the root of USB device. Renaming the default.xex avoids having to disconnect the USB device when you restart the Xbox since there is no more default.xex in the root.
There are 2 ways to install the USB Loader:
1) Burn the ISO image on a CD. Launch it from your Xbox360 and USB Loader will be install automatically.
2) If you already have XeXLoader, copy the 00000001 directory in the genuine HDD to Content/000000000000000/
Once the installation is done, USB Loader will be displayed in your Games Library.