156w ago - PlayStation: The Official Magazine Editor in Chief Gary Steinman has revealed today that Mortal Kombat PS3 kicks off PTOM's list of biggest 2011 video games.
To quote: We knew it would make the cut. How could it not? After all, Mortal Kombat isn't just destined to be one of the biggest fighting franchises of 2011, but it's one of the best we've played in a long time.
It's fast, it's fun, it's brutal, and it harkens back to the series' gory glory days. The move to a 2D plane, the giddy celebration of everything that's great about the Mortal Kombat franchise, the mix of faithful fan-service with future-looking gameplay upgrades: It's exactly what we at PlayStation: The Official Magazine crave in our heavy hitters.
Then we found out Kratos would be in the game, and that's all it took for Mortal Kombat to kick, punch, impale, and maim its way to the tippy top of our Hugest Games of 2011 issue.
Not only did we get a sneak peek at Kratos' in-game model, but we've got the first-ever screenshots of the God of War in action–along with this unbelievably gorgeous cover. On stands Dec. 21, the January issue of PTOM has our hands-on...
168w ago - PlayStation Network Executive Producer Kevin Furuichi has announced today that Adrianne Curry is joining the Season 2 panelists of The Tester on PSN.
To quote: Adrianne Curry, winner of the first season of "America's Next Top Model" and star of VH1 reality shows "The Surreal Life" and "My Fair Brady" and passionate gamer, will join returning full-time panelist Brent Gocke, Senior Release Manager from SCEA, and host Meredith Molinari, model and host of multiple online music shows, when the first episode of "The Tester" premieres this fall.
We're also fired up to reveal the six additional distinguished gaming industry guest panelists that will join Adrianne, Brent and Meredith this season. They include:
• Stig Asmussen - Game Director for God of War III
• Ted Price - Founder and CEO, Insomniac Games
• Deborah Mars - Senior Producer, SCEA Santa Monica Studios
• Greg Goodrich - Executive Producer of Medal of Honor, Electronic Arts
• Michael McWhertor - Reviews Editor, Kotaku
• Travis Williams - Senior Producer, SCEA San Diego
169w ago - Today Technical Project Management Manager David Thach has revealed the SingStar Dance track list for Sony's PlayStation 3 entertainment system.
To quote: I am very pleased that we are finally able to share with you what you've all been waiting for, the reveal of the SingStar Dance track list! We have carefully selected everything from classic tunes to modern hip hop jams to be included in SingStar Dance to ensure that there is a little something for everyone.
You will be able get your groove on with the Jackson 5, 'Crank That' along with Soulja Boy, and show your friends your best 'Poker Face' with Lady Gaga, if you're up to the challenge. Through accessible choreography coupled with the accuracy and precision of the Playstation Move motion controller, you will be dancing like a pro in no time!
Check out the track list:
• *N Sync - Bye Bye Bye
• Black Eyed Peas - Shut Up
• Blondie - Heart Of Glass
• Chris Brown - With You
• Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
• Diana Ross and The Supremes - Baby Love
• Gloria Gaynor - I Will Survive
• Gossip - Standing In The Way Of Control
• Gwen Stefani - What You Waiting For?
• Jamiroquai - Cosmic Girl
• KC & The Sunshine...
169w ago - Last week we reported on some internal pictures of the PS3Key PS3 modchip, and today the official site (linked above) has been updated with a distributer and feature list alongside news of a release date and a PS3Key Teaser PKG Installer.
To quote: "Hello and welcome to the new PS3Key website! Stock of PS3Key is now on it's way to our official distributors, and we expect them to start selling PS3Key on Monday 20th September.
Some distributors may get stock before this, depending on shipping times. Please be patient with the shop you choose to buy from as demand for PS3Key is huge!"
PS3Key Feature List:
• USB Plug and Play solution that installs in seconds without any need to open up the PS3.
• Does not break your warranty seal.
• Compatible with all PS3 models, both Fat and Slim.
• Supports all regions: USA, JAP, PAL and KOREA.
• USB device fully updatable by PC.
• Disables forced software updates and will never brick your console.
• Supports most games and homebrew applications.
• Easy-to-use software for backing up, managing, and playing...