118w ago - Today Von Victor Zuylen at Guerrilla Games has shared details on the upcoming Killzone 3 PS3 patch 1.12 which arrives next week on September 6, 2011.
Below are the details, to quote: On Tuesday, September 6, Guerrilla will release patch 1.12 for Killzone 3.
This patch introduces several community-requested changes to Killzone 3, including an adjustment to the Marksman's scramble ability, better turrets for the Engineer, and an option to switch off Sixaxis-only actions for players with disabilities.
Here is the full list of changes included with patch 1.12:
• Changed Marksman's scramble ability into an active ability - The marksman scramble ability now needs to be activated and deactivated via the d-pad, and has a cooldown period.
• Increased tracking response for engineer turrets - The turn speed of turrets has been increased, allowing them to track players more easily.
• Increased armor for engineer turrets (30%) - Turrets can still be destroyed by a single explosion from a grenade or missile launcher.
• Improved StA-2 Battle Pistol - Detonation time for the StA-2 Battle Pistol's grenade is shorter, and the damage it deals is more severe.
128w ago - Killzone Community Editor Victor Zuylen has announced news of a Killzone 3 PS3 Triple-XP weekend starting today!
To quote: Earlier this week we released the third DLC pack for Killzone 3, "From The Ashes," as well as a DLC bundle containing all three DLC packs. Of course there's only one way to celebrate this momentous occasion – organize a Triple XP Weekend!
You read that right - from Friday, June 24 at 9:00AM Pacific Time, until Monday, June 27 at 9:00AM, all XP earned in Killzone 3's multiplayer matches will be tripled.
So whether you're exploring new DLC maps or just re-acquainting yourself with the stock maps, you'll rank up faster than ever!
129w ago - Guerrilla Games Producer Aryeh Loeb is here with some fresh video footage today and details on the Killzone 3 PS3 'From the Ashes' Pack dubbed The Retro Maps.
To quote: Last week we posted preview videos of the first two maps from "From The Ashes", the third DLC pack for Killzone 3. Today we're offering preview videos of the other two maps included with the pack: Tharsis Depot and Radec Academy. If these names sound familiar, it's because they're re-imagined and revamped versions of the beloved Killzone 2 maps.
The first preview video features Tharsis Depot, a Guerrilla Warfare map for 16 players based on the Killzone 2 classic. After incurring damage during the ISA invasion of Helghan, the depot has been converted to process nuclear Petrusite.
The Helghast made extensive use of jetpacks to facilitate the reconstruction process, but the harsh conditions resulting from the damage still made it a grueling endeavor. The ISA have locked their sights on Tharsis Depot now that it's back in full-scale production, and this time they intend to finish the job they started.
To give you a sense of what's changed, this video shows comparisons of the original and the new version:
129w ago - Guerrilla Games Producer Aryeh Loeb is here with some videos and details on the new Killzone 3 'From the Ashes' PS3 Pack which includes 4 new maps!
To quote: Today we're offering a first look at two new maps from the upcoming DLC map pack for Killzone 3, "From The Ashes."
Consisting of two Guerrilla Warfare maps and two Warzone maps, From The Ashes will reinvigorate your Killzone 3 online experience with environments both fresh and familiar.
First up is a preview video of Lente Missile Base, a Warzone map for 24 players set inside an abandoned missile base at the edge of the Kaznan Jungle. One of many outdated defense facilities abandoned after the discovery of nuclear Petrusite, Lente Base is slowly being reclaimed by Helghan's strange plant life.
But when warring ISA and Helghast forces stumble across the remains of the facility, they find that most of its systems are still operational. As both factions vie for control of the base, the facility begins firing its missiles - frying anyone caught in the underground exhaust vents...
The second preview video features Mobile Factory, a Guerrilla Warfare map for 16 players set aboard one of the largest vehicles from the single player campaign. Part resource...
129w ago - Following not far behind the v1.09 Patch, today KillZone 3 PS3 Patch version 1.10 has been released which includes Custom Game Options.
From the official site, to quote on the KZ3 v1.10 changes:
• Custom Games, Part 2. Additional information can be found at the bottom of the article, but it will include: choosing abilities, weapons and careers, as well as toggling functionality such as ribbons, skills and explosives.
• Squad Only Chat. This is still an experimental feature and may not always function as expected.
• Playing Audio/Music from your PS3 during MP games.
• Marksman Improvements:
- Cloak rippling effect has been increased.
- Cloak now ripples with increased intensity when firing non silenced weapons.
- Transition from uncloaked to cloaked has been extended.
- A cloak fade transition between moving and not-moving has been introduced (player no longer snaps out of view).
• Distance Indicator for off-screen medics.
• Matchmaking. We will now make players switch faction automatically at the end of a round if teams...