164w ago - Normally we don't cover MAC stuff, however, today Marcello from PensieriDigitali.com (lupin4 on our site) let us know he has made available a guide detailing how to upgrade PS3Break firmware via MAC OSX (AT90USB162) for PS3 JailBreak users.
To quote: This procedure has been tested only with PS3Break 1.0 key (atmel chip) and do not guarantee that work with other key (in theory just change some parameters).
How to flash a PS3Break 1.0 with MAC OSX:
New method (thanks to ScotthishCpt) with this procedure you do not install anything because ScotthishCpt built a self-contained SDK, and when you're done, just unmount the disk image without trace or driver in the system.
1) Download from HERE the modified version of Avr8_sdk.
2) Double click on (AVR8_SDK.dmg) and mount the volume (avr8_sdk).
3) Browse to Applications directory in the volume.
4) Launch SDK TERMINAL.
5) At this time insert the PS3Break key in the usb port in DFU mode (click the upgrade button immediately after it's inserted).
6) If the key is correctly in DFU mode the green light should be off, you can...
1. First, you must register an account with XLink at http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/signup.php. You don't have to fill out all details, only * are important.
2. Then, download XLink Kai which is in http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/downloads.php/ and simply run the installer.
3. Here comes the difficult part, which is forwarding your port. It is quite different depending on the type of your router. By default, its usually goes at 192.168.1.1. You must login and go into the port forwarding section. See how to port forward your router below:
To quote: Due to FAT32 limitations users needed to run these games from internal hard drive only. However, it seems that isn't the only option anymore. Many games utilize a file format known as PSARC (*.psarc).
These files ending in .psarc are archive files similar to zip or rar files on PC. By extracting these large archive files and using the smaller files that are inside, users can get stay under the 4GB limit.
This method has been tested on Uncharted II, and will only work on games utilizing the psarc file format.
"Simply take your favorite TTF font and make two copies of it, named as follows:
And place these on your PlayStation 3 flash in the directory, /dev_flash/data/font/ overwriting the original fonts, then you simply need to go to theme settings and change the font to either rounded or pop to enjoy your new system font!"
168w ago - Update: The PS3Key v2 update is now available, which offers the recent PSGroove features including:
New features in v2:
1. Now supports peek/poke commands.
2. Backups on USB HDD can now run without an original game in the BluRay drive.
3. Works with Backup Manager 2.
Today French site Wiilogic.com (linked above) have shared some screens of the PS3Key Teaser PKG Installer loader, and Eurasia.nu have posted a PS3Key Tape Fix guide for those unfortunate enough to get a first-run production PS3Key PlayStation 3 modchip which contains a design flaw.
To quote, roughly translated: "Following our page on PS3Key, Team PS3Key contacted us and denies making a clone PSJailbreak.
She presents her own at the loader manager PS3Key which only works with the PS3 master key and provides the perfect situation at future upgrades of the chip PS3Key the reactions of Sony."
That said, it appears the PS3Key Teaser will only work with official PS3Key modchips and not other clones... at least for the time being.