88w ago - Today JD_2020 announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 patch 1.13 update has gone live, which includes security and game fixes as outlined below.
To quote: We are listening to you and we've been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.
CoD: Black Ops Patch 1.13 PlayStation 3 Updates:
• Security Updates.
• Addressed an issue where Custom Private Match settings were carrying over to Public matches.
• Prohibited clan tags can no longer be used.
• A player's win streak will now break if they quit out during a live match.
• Players that are partied up are no longer allowed to go into party-restricted lobbies such as FFA.
• Fixed a rare issue with Recent Games not showing the correct heat map.
• Addressed an exploit copying another player's emblem/playercard.
• Added Rezurrection DLC support. (Launching September 22nd!)
• Fixed some issues related to invites going from Zombie to Multiplayer.
• Unlocked clan tag colors can now be set using the swapped X/O button configuration.
To quote, roughly translated: After the "success" of LuaFWii, I decided to port it to PS3 and take two parallel developments. For those who do not know a LuaPlayer LuaFPS3 for PS3, that is allowed to run homebrew Lua made in your PS3.
What is Lua?
Lua is a programming language, simple and powerful, that does not require to be compiled to run it.
What can the lua player?
Show images, geometric shapes, display text, data collected and SIXAXIS DualShock3, among other things. Very useful and powerful when it comes to game programming easy. Functions are on file in the RAR reference.html
91w ago - Today the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.12 patch update has arrived, which weighs in at 63MB in size and adds new playlists among the updates detailed below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.12 Playlists:
• Express: 30 second lobby timer; no game mode that has a respawn timer; small maps; No Ghost; No Second Chance allowed.
• DLC Moshpit: Moshpit of game modes using only DLC maps.
• DLC Hardcore Moshpit: Same as above only using hardcore game mode variants
Here are the v1.12 patch update changes from JD_2020 on the official site board:
CoD Black Ops PS3 Patch 1.12 changes:
• Addressed an issue with attack dogs causing them to "warp" under rare circumstances.
• Fixed an exploit allowing players to purchased locked classified weapons
• Fixed an exploit that allowed players to get above 15th Prestige using Combat Training/Player Match menus.
• Improvements to spawn system.
• Addressed some bugs with Custom Game Settings for CTF related to Touch Return Disabled
• Players can now select other clan tag colors besides red/white if they are unlocked.
92w ago - Today Insomniac Games has released the Resistance 3 PS3 Beta Patch version 2.01, which aims to rectify matchmaking issues with more details outlined below.
To quote from their recent update: Matchmaking
In good news, we have sent a patch (Update 2.01) that addresses the matchmaking issues into final testing at Sony, and are hoping to have it up by tomorrow night UK time, so that you EU folks joining the beta should be able to matchmake.
This additional patch will be required, and will allow us to re-enable matchmaking, which should again (hopefully) happen sometime in the late morning Pacific Time tomorrow. This should address the issues and allow you to use matchmaking to find games again, while also addressing a few crashes.
Thanks for your patience while we developed and fixed the issue - and please continue to report any issues you find with matchmaking to us so we can continue to tweak and optimize. We will continue to update you on the status of the 2.01 patch as it gets through final testing, staging, and release in the next day or so.
Stats coming down again
Sometime this afternoon, we will be bringing down stat progression again until further notice. We are moving the stat database...
92w ago - Sony of Japan has announced the release of a PlayStation-branded HDMI cable for the PS3 entertainment system.
It is currently scheduled to arrive on September 8, 2011 for a price of 1,800 yen ($23.41 USD) for a 2.0m cable and 3,000 yen ($39.04 USD) for a 3.0m cable.
Below is the official Press Release: SONY COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT JAPAN TO RELEASE HDMI CABLE (2.0m) FOR PLAYSTATION 3
Available on September 8, 2011, at a Recommended Retail Price of 1,800 yen (including tax)
Tokyo, Aug 8, 2011- Sony Computer Entertainment Japan (SCEJ), a division of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. responsible for business operation in Japan, today announced that it will release a HDMI Cable (2.0m) for PlayStation 3 (PS3) on September 8, 2011, at a recommended retail price (RRP) of 1,800 yen (including tax).
This High Definition Multimedia Interface (HDMI) cable supports High-Speed standard, which enables fast transmission of large capacity signals such as high definition images as well as those data with increased color depths. This HDMI also adopts high standard cable and highly reliable and durable 24K gold-plated connectors, most appropriate for fast transmission of digital AV data.