286w ago - PSP Firmware 4.00 is now released! The update can now be downloaded from Network Update and as promised, includes two new main features.
Namely, the ability to search Google without the need of launching the PSP's often slow Internet Browser and change the viewing speed of video played on the PSP by pressing up or down on the directional pad. Personally, we were expecting a little more from a X.00 update, but it is what it is.
* [Internet Search] has been added as a feature under [Network].
* You can now change viewing speed during video playback by pressing the UP/DOWN buttons. Use this feature if you want to watch a video quickly, or if you want to slow down playback and listen to the dialogue carefully.
286w ago - StreamMyGame makes it possible to play the best and most graphically demanding PC games on ultra portable notebooks.
StreamMyGame has announced support for the new range of ultra portable notebooks, including the Asus Eee PC and Ebox and over 100 other UMPCs. The new StreamMyGame software runs at full screen resolution on both Windows and Linux versions of the Eee PC.
"The Linux player has been requested by our Eee PC members and has been optimised to run on both the original and new ranges of the Eee PC. The Window's player has also been optimised." said Richard Faria, StreamMyGame's CEO. Video of Crysis running on the Eee PC below:
"You can have your games installed on your home PC and play them on your Netbook around the home and remotely, providing a portable gaming experience on screens that have resolutions of 1024x600," said Faria.
"There are over 100 Netbooks and UMPCs that are now compatible with our technology and we will guarantee similar compatibility with the MID market."
StreamMyGame says titles including Crysis, Call of Duty 4, BioShock and Half-Life 2 can now be played "smoothly and without lag on the Eee PC and other UMPCs providing a responsive gaming experience".
287w ago - Roe-ur-boat has updated to AutoStart PRX v2 today, a 3.90 M33 compatible Custom Firmware plug-in that allows users to specify a number of separate homebrew applications to load at launch.
Each application can be binded to certain key. When that key is held during bootup, the PSP will automatically load your homebrew. Now at version 2, users can use the Home, Note, and Start button to load homebrew.
288w ago - OldPrisoneR and Andy_maN have updated FuSa today, a Custom Firmware Plug-in that enables Slim owners to play PSP games on any television regardless of the input cable used - composite, component, S-video, D-terminal.
In addition to multi-language support and various optimizations, Build 45 features an additional full screen mode and allows users to toggle the FPS/priority values by simply holding right or left on the D-pad.
- Now FuSa support 6 languages (ENGLISH, RUSSIAN, GERMAN, ITALIAN, DUTCH, POLISH)
- Fullscreen mode 2 was added (REAL FULL SCREEN!)
- You don't need dvemgr.prx now
- Now you can just hold RIGHT and LEFT buttons while setting up FPS/priority - values will scroll automaticly
- NEW: menu hotkey was added - hold R-TRIGGER while setting up FPS/priority - 10x scroll speed
- And a few code improvements