130w ago - Following not far behind the v1.09 Patch, today KillZone 3 PS3 Patch version 1.10 has been released which includes Custom Game Options.
From the official site, to quote on the KZ3 v1.10 changes:
• Custom Games, Part 2. Additional information can be found at the bottom of the article, but it will include: choosing abilities, weapons and careers, as well as toggling functionality such as ribbons, skills and explosives.
• Squad Only Chat. This is still an experimental feature and may not always function as expected.
• Playing Audio/Music from your PS3 during MP games.
• Marksman Improvements:
- Cloak rippling effect has been increased.
- Cloak now ripples with increased intensity when firing non silenced weapons.
- Transition from uncloaked to cloaked has been extended.
- A cloak fade transition between moving and not-moving has been introduced (player no longer snaps out of view).
• Distance Indicator for off-screen medics.
• Matchmaking. We will now make players switch faction automatically at the end of a round if teams...
To quote, roughly translated: This is a release candidate, is a working version but not definitive, as they surely will have functionality not present and if they will be in the final version.
Also, although I have repeatedly tested and verified, certain utilities may not function properly and must be corrected.
Any problems you find will be added to a list at the end of the post and I'll go check all that solved.
This new distribution is based on the well-known Debian and has the following characteristics:
• Core system (Kernel) 6.2.38 with modifications Graf_chokolo. It also includes a specific modification to Asbestos and derivatives with patches of Marks.
• Swap (swap) main memory using the RSX.
• Swap (swap) using a secondary partition on the storage media.
• LXDE as the desktop.
• Blueman Bluetooth as manager. Once started, lets you use the device after you sync, such as a Bluetooth...
130w ago - Magic Pixel Games President Mark Tsai has posted up a video today spotlighting Carnival Island on PS3 with PlayStation Move from E3 2011.
To quote: At E3, we were pleased to announce the game we've been building for PlayStation Move over the last several months with SCEA Santa Monica Studio: Carnival Island!
Carnival games are perfect for translation to motion control gaming - the gameplay is very physical, requiring rolling, throwing, flipping and tossing - actions which translate extremely well for the accuracy of the Move controller.
However, we've taken away the frustration, making the game feel very natural and accessible - something that anyone can pick-up and play. Carnival Island has something for everyone, and is a game that you can enjoy in your living room with up to four friends or family members. It allows side-by-side multiplayer, so you can elbow your family or friends during heated competitive play.
In single-player mode, the game takes the player through a journey of restoring magic to a forgotten carnival. As the player accomplishes challenges and goals, the world comes alive with pets, color and toys. All of the prizes you collect and unlock make a real difference; they add to the atmosphere...
130w ago - Today PlayStation 3 developer Ole has released CDG Player r1 with source code for the PS3, which is a simple program compiled by the PSL1GHT SDK and libraries that plays MP3 files and displays graphics stored in CDG files (the format is used in many karaoke disks).
130w ago - Over the last few days several new PS3 Debug / Test Firmware updates have been leaked outside of Sony Dev and have surfaced publicly courtesy of Cairobeta and ConsoleDev, however, no new SDK files have yet since the previous PS3 3.41 SDK file leak.