283w ago - The 10-Cent Tour: Griffins and werewolves have invaded modern-day New York City, and all that stands between you and a Game Over screen is your shotgun and your magic hand. Can Gamecock's first FPS survive in a post-BioShock world?
1. You play through the game as a thief known as Deckard. Like Cher, Deckard apparently only goes by the one name. Deckard/you break into a museum after hours to steal, and during his thievery, he inadvertently opens Pandora's Box, unleashing all sorts of things he'll have to shoot.
2. Though the frame rate chugged at times, the game features destruction on an epic scale. Buildings crumble around you. Cabs sail over your head. So much crap is exploding around you in the game's early levels that you'll often have trouble figuring out where to go next. Confused? Lost? Click the left analog stick and a faint indicator will appear on-screen, telling you what direction you need to be heading in. (Thanks, clever developers!)
3. From what we could tell, weapons are all pretty standard-issue: You've got shotguns, pistols, assault rifles, etc. But your left hand is apparently good for more than just pleasuring yourself. During our demo, while being attacked by a griffin during a cut scene, the left hand fended off the beast by sending some fiery magic at its beak.
283w ago - The 3rd FREE update to Burnout Paradise, codenamed Cagney is now available in Japan and will be hitting the rest of Asia, North America and Europe tomorrow morning (10th) at the same time... that's:
1:00am Pacific Time (US)
4:00am Eastern Time (US)
10:00am BST (British Summer Time)
11:00am for the rest of Europe
We look forward to seeing PS3 fans in Paradise City tomorrow, and trying out our 3 new online game modes, special calendar events, new cars, 70 multi-part, timed Freeburn Challenges and a wealth of improvements to the existing game.
283w ago - To quote from Eric Lempel (Director, PlayStation Network Operations) via the PlayStation Blog yesterday: As many of you know, we released PS3 Firmware update v2.40 last week, but had to take it offline temporarily because, for a limited number of users, the XMB wouldn't display after the update was installed. We've been able to fix the problem, and I'm happy to report that Firmware Update v2.41 will be released shortly.
That being said, those interested can grab PS3 Firmware v2.41 below!
More soon, when official word is available on a changelog. However, it's presumed this is a minor update, simply fixing an issue in 2.40 that prevented the XMB from displaying properly after installing on a limited number of PS3 consoles.
The PLAYSTATION Network will be offline for 5 hours today from 3pm BST (4pm CEST) for maintenance work. It's pretty much all behind-the-scenes work and is, most definitely, not the 2.4 System Software update. Sorry, you need to wait a little longer for that one!
During this maintenance, the following online services may not be available:
- PSN account registration,
- PSN account sign-in,
- PSN account management,
- PlayStation Store purchases,
- online gaming, unless you are already logged in at 3pm
- forum login
In related news, self-proclaimed Sony employee Knight613 from GameFAQs states that PS3 Firmware v2.40 was supposed to come out on June 18th, but a bad error was found and needed fixing. Now the date is very early July (1st to 3rd), and the RC release is already ready... so it's just a matter of time.
To quote: 2.40 was supposed to come out June 18th actually... till they found a pretty bad error with the XMB and had to fix it. New date is supposedly July 2ndish,...