127w ago - President and Executive Producer Dylan Cuthbert at Q-Games Limited has announced today that the PixelJunk Shooter 2 patch is now live on PSN.
To quote: Hey everyone! I am happy to announce a patch for PixelJunk Shooter 2. We've changed a few things. Read on for the full list:
• There was a bug where some enemies would spawn right on top of you giving you that awesome "insta-death" you really don't want in a game... well, we fixed it!
• The online connectivity has been tuned to allow you to hook up with other players much more easily. Try it out!
• If you get matched against a higher ranking player you get a nice large cash bonus (Q space bucks of course) if you win! This gives you a big incentive to challenge yourself more when you get matched up against someone who seems better than you. Hint: stay calm and use strategy, you can definitely take them!
• We added an option to the pause screen that lets you take a break in the middle of a stage and come back later to finish it off. So when your mom calls you to the dinner table just choose that option, go eat your dinner *and* be nice to the environment by switching off your PS3!
• Even if you kill a few survivors and get a game over screen you can "continue" - your score...
To quote: Cobra USB dongle arrived today, thank you VERY much goes to span who donated a dongle to me! (let me know if you need it back, or I'll keep it if there is a need to scan again if there is any updates)
We upgraded the Cobra to v2.0 and booted a 3.41 phat PS3 with the Beagle 480 USB protocol analyzer attached between the Cobra and the PS3. The resulting data file is attached.
I hope the developers in the community have some use for this. Cobra usb dongle med PS1 support!!
127w ago - PlayStation Store Director Grace Chen is here with this weeks US PSN updates today, as follows:
Happy day after 4th of July! Calling all Ape Escape and PlayStation Move fans be sure to check out the latest addition to the franchise - PlayStation Move Escape.
Other games releasing today include (2) Japanese PS one Imports - Rapid Angel and Yakiniku Bugyou. Also, the Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Multiplayer Beta is now available for all. Add-ons to note include Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime Challengers Pack, Dirt 3: Horn Pack & the LittleBigPlanet 2 inFAMOUS 2 minipack.
On the PlayStation Plus side, the free games include the PS3 game Bomberman ULTRA, (2) minis: Alien Zombie Death and Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar! & the PS one title MediEvil. In addition, Qore Episode 38: July 2011 is free. Download today!
Here is the weekly PlayStation Store update:
New Release Games & DLC
• Bomberman ULTRA (Free with Plus, a $9.99 value)
• Me Monstar: Hear Me Roar (Free and Exclusive Plus)
• Medievil PS one title (Free with Plus, a $5.99 value)
• Alien Zombie Death mini (Free with Plus, $3.99 value)
• MotorStorm Apocalypse Outlaw Vehicle Pack (PlayStation Plus price $1.99; a 20%...
127w ago - SCEA Senior Technical Product Manager Alex Lee has announced today that SOCOM Mobile HQ is now available on the Android Marketplace.
To quote: Today we're announcing the availability of SOCOM Mobile HQ, a free Android Application helps you stay connected to the world of SOCOM even when you're away from your PS3.
Put your career, friends and clan in your pocket and experience the new SOCOM Challenge System available exclusively for SOCOM Mobile HQ users.
Each challenge is tailored to your unique player experience, with tasks ranging from being the master tacticians by getting the job done in all online modes, building your kill-to-death ratio (KDR) or always being the guy with the assists.
SOCOM Mobile HQ keeps you connected and field ready:
• Prove your tactical discipline and combat skills by accepting our challenges, gaining experience and badges that represent your cunning and perseverance.
• Plan and track your advancement by studying challenge history and leaderboards. Watch your experience climb as successive rounds push you further.
• Review your career profile to see vital SOCOM 4 stats and rank advancement potential. Compare your progress to those around you.
• Stay in contact with SOCOM 4 news and events by accessing the...