311w ago - Ski Freak wrote in to tell us of an interesting presentation that took place at the 24th Annual Chaos Communication Congress (24C3) right now; it would appear that a fully hacked Wii capable of running native homebrew with full hardware access has been presented.
From the report: The guys over at 24C3 just demoed a Wii hack that is set to provide native wii homebrew in the near future (not running in GC mode, and with full access to all the Wii hardware!)
They were able to find encryption and decryption keys by doing full memory dumps at runtime over a custom serial interface. Using these keys, they were able to create a Wii 'game' that ran their own code (their demo happened to show live sensor/Wiimote information, amongst a few other things).
Details are minimal and we're waiting for additional confirmation from additional sources. If you're in attendance at the event and can provide us with additional information please let us know.
* Added select/cut/copy/paste to all text inputs.
* Added wifi config (including saving back to firmware) with three extra DSOrganize profiles.
* Added ability to bookmark on the web browser by pressing ctrl + b.
* Miscelaneous fixes to the HTML renderer.
* Fixed error in file wrapper causing bad file copies.
* Fixed a weird lingering cursor bug in text editor.
* Fixed startup screen error.
* Fixed an error where images that redirect would change the url of the main page loading.
* Fixed a bug with sites that use 1x1 tracking images.
* Fixed error where confirm delete screen on browser allowed you to select ".." or "."
* Fixed some weird bugs with m3u files.
* Fixed select few files not showing their long file names.
* Fixed everything being underlined on sites with bad tags (ds-x.com, etc)
* Day planner now supports weekly, monthly, and annual events.
* Day planner events are now partially visible on reminder mode.
* Todo now sorts...
325w ago - The petition for Sony to open the RSX for use in Linux has exceeded 10,000 signatures. With enough signatures we might be able to convince Sony to unlock the PS3 and enable realistic homebrew through Linux.
Please everyone sign up and help get the PS3 opened!
326w ago - Hermes, the Spanish homebrew creator behind the likes of PS2Reality Mediaplayer and Guitarfun for the PS2 has released a new loader for PS3 that will allow you to load PS2 homebrew. There are certain tools needed such as firmware greater than v1.90, Swap Magic and some BIOS files. However, for the moment it seems to execute only Guitarfan and Mediplayer PS2 homebrew, but it's good start all the same.
327w ago - digimonster3 has added another video to YouTube now that now explains it's actually PS2 homebrew running on an EUR PS3 with v1.92 Firmware using the EUR PS2 Demo disc that came with the EUR PS2 at launch. Get the full scoop from his explaination video below and feel free to share your thoughts!