217w ago - Today some Japanese Magazine scans, screenshots and gameplay trailers for the New Super Mario Bros. Wii game have surfaced.
The scans (below) confirm that the Koopa kids from Super Mario Bros 3 will return and also a few new power up for Mario and Luigi.
Shortly after, Nintendo released two new gameplay trailers for the New Super Mario Wii game on the Nintendo Wii.
To quote: "The videos below show off Mario using the new suits with the new abilities that comes with the suit, and also the new Ice Flower power up is shown and Luigi (and Yoshi! and Toad! Oh My!) as well."
217w ago - As a follow-up to our Nintendo Wii WODE Demos article from earlier today, we now have some Wii WODE final design pictures to share.
A few of them are below, with the rest available HERE. Finally, in case anyone missed the pricing and WODE specs here they are: 79,90 € incl. the vertical stand.
• Play Wii & GC game ISOs direct from USB Mass Storage
devices @8X read speed (HDD and FLASH drive)
• Complete Solder free install solution
• Easy to use GUI - LCD & Joystick - NO homebrew software
required (no any update of console SO can block this device)
• Region hack, Update blocker, Autoboot.
• Passthrough with FLAT-MOD mode built-in, play your DVD-R
Wii & GC backups and Imports @3X read speed
• Totally Flexible Linux Kernel
• USB hub support for multiple USB devices connection
Great File System support - use existing WBFS formatted
media or 'drag and drop' ISOs to existing USB devices
It also includes standard C libraries based on newlib, which is specifically designed for embedded systems. Compilers and libraries are also included for the MN10200, the Matsushita (Panasonic) chip used in the Wii DVD controller. It is designed to be used in conjunction with libogc, a collection of Wii-specific low-level libraries.
libogc is a collection of low-level libraries for the GameCube and Wii. This collection of libraries was originally written by shagkur for the GameCube and has been developed over the past 6 years.
The final build of devkitPPC release 18 and associated libraries were uploaded to SF yesterday.
DevKitPPC release 18:
* Update gcc to 4.4.1
* Update newlib to 1.17.1 - please note this is not an official newlib release, just a snapshot we used to obtain some requested functions.
* Update to gdb 7.0