271w ago - Criterion Games has released its update for Burnout Paradise on PS3 which adds Trophy support. Dozens of trophy challenges have been added, including awards for both the Cagney and Bike update content.
The only mishap though - especially for such a massive game - is that you'll have to start again to start earning trophies, because none of them are retroactive.
"We had hoped to use this to retroactively award trophies, but we discovered during testing that this is not possible," admitted Criterion.
"If you're familiar with PS3 trophies already, you'll recognise that this works in the same way as all other games that have added trophy support post-release," it added.
272w ago - There are almost a million Trophies to collect in Burnout Paradise. By almost, we mean there are a whopping 64 Trophies to find.
You'll need to do almost everything imaginable in the game... and there's a lot to do. Make sure you have some online friends and a PS Eye if you want to get the Platinum. Thanks to PS3Trophies.org for the list, detailed below:
• Repair your car - Awarded for driving through any Auto Repair
• Set a Time Road Rule on any road - Awarded for beating any of the original Time Road Rule scores
• Set a Showtime Road Rule on any road - Awarded for beating any of the original Showtime Road Rule scores
• Win a race - Awarded for winning any Offline Race
• Smash 3 Burnout Billboards - Awarded when you smash through your 3rd pristine Burnout Billboard
• Smash 30 Burnout Billboards - Awarded when you smash through your 30th pristine Burnout Billboard
• Drive through 10 sets of Yellow Smash Gates - Awarded when you drive through your 10th set of Yellow Smash Gates
• Drive through 50 sets of Yellow Smash Gates - Awarded when you drive through your 50th set of Yellow Smash Gates
• Shutdown the Nakamura SI-7 - Awarded...
274w ago - Bethesda's Vice President of Marketing Pete Hines has confirmed that the PlayStation 3 version of Fallout 3 will not include Trophy support when the game hits stores later this year, but did not rule out the possibility of the feature being added at a later date.
"Not at launch," said Hines, during an interview with PSU.com to be published later today.
"It remains to be seen what we do down the road. It wasn't something we were able to incorporate into the game for launch."
With Fallout 3 set to release on October 28 in the U.S., Bethesda will have a few options in terms of additional PlayStation 3 support, as Sony's PlayStation Home service is set to launch around the same time frame.
276w ago - Good evening everyone, I hope everyone's week has been full of joy... well, let us put a little more joy in your life.
As some of you know, a few of us are attending the Leipzig Games Convention this week and including some developer walkthroughs with various publishers, and we managed to ask the age old question to keep all you Trophy hunters happy:
Will your title support Trophies?
And here is the general consensus... I'll warn you now though, the day started badly for Sony's Trophy system, but certainly got better throughout the day.
- Prince of Persia - No Trophy support
- HAWX - Trophy support confirmed
- Shaun White's Snowboard - Trophy support confirmed
- Borderlands - Trophy support confirmed
- Spider Man: Web of Shadows - Probably not because it was too late in the development stage to add them in.
- Far Cry 2 - Trophy support confirmed
- EndWar - Trophy support confirmed
- Quantum of Solace - Trophy support confirmed
- Call of Duty: World at War - Trophy support confirmed
- Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon - Trophy support confirmed
So there you have it, as the holiday period approaches, more and more titles get Trophy support. Unfortunately the impressive looking Prince of Persia will not, but surely...
"I've noticed 2 things with this 2.41 so far. The in-game XMB lag seems to be gone (at least for me), and the Platinum Trophy icon on the trophies page has a new look. It was previously a crown, and now it looks like a globe. Pic of it below."