227w ago - The Wii isn't the most powerful piece of hardware out there. The PS3 and Xbox 360 are more powerful, but Nintendo's machine is still putting up a fight.
Now Telltale Games has come into the picture and trashed the Wii's horsepower because of some complaints that the Wii version of Monkey Island has some framerate problems.
To quote: A Telltale Games programmer going by the name of Yare on the forums had this to say:
"The voices and textures are the way they are because we're limited to 40 megs for WiiWare titles. The PC versions of our games are usually 150+ megs, and most modern games range anywhere from 1-10 gigabytes or more. Talk to Nintendo about this one.
Frame rate issues will probably get sorted out eventually, but keep in mind that the Wii is just not a powerful console. An iPhone is much more powerful than a Wii, even."
229w ago - A few weeks back a scan from V-Jump Magazine revealed Tales of Vesperia swimsuits, and today a scan from the latest Famitsu Magazine unveils some new details.
The game includes a new character, Patty Fleur, along with new bosses such as Sword Dancer.
Apparently the character Flynn is now playable for more that just one battle, the game will be fully voiced and will include fresh scenes such as Yuri fighting Don Whitehorse when the party visits Keiv Moc.
To quote: Although we knew of the rest of the characters, we had yet to learn of Karol Capel's bathing suit-themed costume title.
It is entitled Energetic Beach Boy, and features Karol in swim trunks with a scuba mask on his head, along with the goggles.
230w ago - I'm here now to announce that we (the resident PS3 Devs), are currently looking for a talented coder!
What we are expecting from you:
• Very good / strong C / C++ knowledge (preferably commandline tools!)
• Ability to work yourself into (and setup) SDKs, Toolchains, etc.
• Ability to code tools, that help us to reconstruct our reverse engineered progress / information we gained (like the ECC recalculator by NDT / RPS)
• English skills
• Some time
A BIG plus! (but not required):
• worked on consoles before (preferably playstation series!)
• expierence / worked with shaders!
A plus (but not required):
• ASM skills
• Debugging skills
• Cell B.E. skills
• Worked with IBMs Cell SDK
• (Not development wise) Other languages (tell us which one you can speak!)
What you can gain from this (if requirements match):
• 0$ / month !!!
• directly joining the crew as a PS3 Dev!
• get latest information from deeper inside (non-public infos)
• work with some cool dudes :P
• if you look at the requirements, you should see where this is going and what goodies you can expect
230w ago - A new Tales of Graces scan is available, which appears to reveal two new playable characters, as well as some new information about the PlayStation 3 port of Tales of Vesperia.
This game is the first mothership (Namco Bandai's term for non-spin-off games in the Tales of series) game for the Wii.
The previous Tales of game for the Wii, Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World, was classified as a spin-off sequel.
To quote: The black-haired male's name is Hubert Oswell (voiced by Takahiro Mizushima) and is Asbel's younger brother (by one year), and the red-haired female's name is Shelia Barnes/Burns (voiced by Shiho Kawaragi).
It appears the male favors close-hand combat, while the female uses spells to attack. The scan also shows a new swimsuit costume for Flynn, entitled Short-Sleeved Prince, which has Mieu from Tales of the Abyss on the logo.