174w ago - Today Crystal Dynamics has revealed to IGN that Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light is getting a staggered multiplayer rollout.
The video game is heading to Xbox Live on August 18th, however, Guardian of Light will not feature online multiplayer until Sony's PS3 and PC users join the party.
To quote: "Although the full single-player campaign and local co-op will be available, online multiplayer will arrive in a free update on September 28th - the same day the full game and online multiplayer will be available on the PlayStation Network and Steam.
From October to December, there will be five additional downloadable packs that will be made available.
Although the specific content of these packs is still unclear, we do know that the first three will be standard expansions that feature new puzzles, exploration sequences and combat scenes. The following two downloadable packs will introduce new characters into the mix."
174w ago - Warner Bros confirmed today the title and release window for the next Batman videogame developed by Rocksteady Studios, namely Batman: Arkham City which is coming next fall to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.
As the title implies, Batman is headed to Gotham City for the sequel, which has now become the new maximum security "home" for all of the city's criminals. Not much else was revealed.
WB says the game will feature a brand-new story, include a new cast of classic characters and villains, and new enhanced gameplay features.
To quote: The (amazing) covers of the new GameInformer confirms Catwoman will be in Arkham City, and by the looks of it, will be playing a major role in the story.
Arkham City was one of several names registered for the game picked up on last month. Two other confirmed villains so far include Mr. Freeze, played by voice actor Maurice LaMarche, and Talia al Ghul - daughter of Ra's al Ghul - played by actress Stana Katic.
Actor Mark Hamill confirmed it us in an interview last May he'll be reprising his role as the voice of Joker for the game for the last time ever. "This will be my last, there's no question about that," he said. "But it's the last hurrah."
174w ago - Today XCM has announced that their new XCM XFPS Live Adapter with wired headphone support has arrived for XBox 360 consoles.
The XFPS Live is an innovative keyboard and mouse adapter for the Xbox 360. Not only is the XFPS Live compatible with all standard PS/2 input devices but also modern USB keyboards and mouses.
You'll also have auto fire functionality at your fingertips. But the latest improvement in the XFPS line is the ability to use Xbox 360 wired headset!
Now you can talk strategy with your teammates and friends or trash talk to your enemies while you snipe them down or give them headshots while using your keyboard and mouse.
Below are the full XCM XFPS Live Adapter specifications:
• Compatible with xbox 360 wired headset
• Compatible with PS3 controller
• Compatible with PS3 controller sixaxis tilt function
• Brings all new auto fire functionality to the Xbox/Xbox 360 wired controller and PS3 controller
• Compatible with most PS/2 or USB keyboard and mouse combinations, those expensive FPS set-ups have not gone to waste!
• Instant plug and play technology
• Ideal for use with all FPS titles such as Call of Duty and Halo...
177w ago - Today Microsoft has officially announced the Kinect pricing, which comes bundled with Kinect Adventures, alongside the Xbox 360 Slim Arcade console.
Microsoft's Aaron Greenberg has confirmed that Kinect will indeed be the long-rumored $150 price when it is released this November.
The budget edition of the new version of the Xbox 360 will be released on August 3 for $199.99 and come with some differences beyond the storage space size.
Microsoft is also offering a bundle that includes a new Xbox 360 "S" Arcade and Kinect with Kinect Adventures for $299 that comes with 4GB of storage space.
Those that pre-order the bundle will also receive the following, to quote:
• Two exclusive levels of Rallyball–"Chomper" and "Twisters"–where you challenge multiple waves of spinning and chomping Rallyball patterns!
• One exclusive level of Reflex Ridge, "Champion," where you dodge obstacles, collect pins and race against time.
• An exclusive Kinect Adventures Helicopter prop for your avatar.
Kinect Adventures will come with 20 mini-games and support up to two players at a time. 15 other games will launch with Kinect on November 4.
The new Arcade will also have a matte black finish as opposed to the glossy black finish that...
178w ago - This weekend C4E released BenQ iXtreme LT v1.2 which includes an internal PFI that improves the reading of some discs and Samsung iXtreme LT v1.0 for XBox 360 alongside JungleFlasher v0.1.75 Beta (152).
• Supports all BenQ Drives (62430C, 64930C)
• Supports all Liteon Drives (74850, 83850V1, 83850V2, 93450)
• Totally re-written code optimised for minimal patching
• Whole banks of firware now untouched
• New Drive response timing engine accurately mimics original drive timings
• Full disc stealth used by default
• Waveless booting , disc images are assumed to be correct!
• Split-Vid used as default