95w ago - Creative Director John Garvin of Sony's Bend Studio has shared a video today spotlighting Uncharted: Golden Abyss on PS Vita opening The Black Market below.
To quote: As we get closer and closer to the European launch of the PS VITA and Uncharted: Golden Abyss, myself and all the guys at Bend Studio are getting pretty amped.
For us it's been a long time in the making, from early brainstorming sessions on the PS VITA itself beginning in 2008, through production, which wrapped up at the end of 2011. When given the opportunity to create a launch title for Sony's new next-gen handheld, we jumped at the chance. When asked what game we'd like to make, we said Uncharted! Here's why.
From the beginning, our goal was to create a great Uncharted game, to give players, including ourselves, more of what they love, but with the PS VITA's unique spin.
The cinematic experience, the gunplay and weapons, the compelling story and characters, the mystery and treasure hunting based on real history, the puzzles, the platforming, and of course, the colourful and detailed imagery... it's all there. But it's on a gorgeous five inch screen that you can take with you.
115w ago - Activision Social Media Manager Dan Amrich has announced that the new Call of Duty: Black Ops Rezurrection PS3 DLC update is incoming, and will bring gamers 5 new zombie maps.
To quote: You know, zombies have to take a lot of heat from the living. I mean, is it their fault that they are doomed to roam the earth, lurching from brain to brain in a murderous rampage?
They're doing the best they can with the hand they've been dealt.
That's why I'm asking you, the PS3 community, to welcome some zombies into your home this weekend. The Rezurrection DLC pack comes out today for Call of Duty: Black Ops, and it contains five maps that many will approach as a thrilling first-person horror experience - or maybe, just maybe, it could be a very special chance to connect with the dearly departed.
Four of the maps are a joyous reunion anyway; they're upgraded and remastered versions of levels first seen in Call of Duty: World at War. There's Nacht der Untoten, which some see as a desperate standoff in a dilapidated building, but could just be the perfect place for zombie peace talks.
In Verruckt, how do you know the asylum isn't just a nice, padded place for a zombie nap? Shi No Numa takes place in a swamp - a relaxing vacation spot for you to get to know your new friends....
116w ago - PlayStation Network Executive Producer Kevin Furuichi has shared this weeks Pulse update today, which features an ICO & Shadow of the Colossus PS3 Bonus Content preview and Black Ops: Rezurrection.
To quote: The September 20th edition of PULSE is available in HD later today when the PlayStation Store updates. Join Christina Lee for a look at the ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection, check out the remastered God of War: Origins Collection and preview the upcoming PlayStation Network exclusive Rochard.
And with the new TV season getting underway, don't miss our top 10 returning TV series lineup.
Watch the full episode of PULSE right here, and in PlayStation Home, or download in HD to your PS3 (SD to your PSP) when the PlayStation Store updates later today.
Also, from Sony Associate Product Marketing Manager Brian Dunn today, to quote:
With the release of The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection just a week away, I'm still in awe over how awesome the remastered games look and sound. If you're on the fence about the collection, know that, so far, it has an average score of 91 out of 27 reviews.
117w ago - Today JD_2020 announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 patch 1.13 update has gone live, which includes security and game fixes as outlined below.
To quote: We are listening to you and we've been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.
CoD: Black Ops Patch 1.13 PlayStation 3 Updates:
• Security Updates.
• Addressed an issue where Custom Private Match settings were carrying over to Public matches.
• Prohibited clan tags can no longer be used.
• A player's win streak will now break if they quit out during a live match.
• Players that are partied up are no longer allowed to go into party-restricted lobbies such as FFA.
• Fixed a rare issue with Recent Games not showing the correct heat map.
• Addressed an exploit copying another player's emblem/playercard.
• Added Rezurrection DLC support. (Launching September 22nd!)
• Fixed some issues related to invites going from Zombie to Multiplayer.
• Unlocked clan tag colors can now be set using the swapped X/O button configuration.
120w ago - Today the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.12 patch update has arrived, which weighs in at 63MB in size and adds new playlists among the updates detailed below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.12 Playlists:
• Express: 30 second lobby timer; no game mode that has a respawn timer; small maps; No Ghost; No Second Chance allowed.
• DLC Moshpit: Moshpit of game modes using only DLC maps.
• DLC Hardcore Moshpit: Same as above only using hardcore game mode variants
Here are the v1.12 patch update changes from JD_2020 on the official site board:
CoD Black Ops PS3 Patch 1.12 changes:
• Addressed an issue with attack dogs causing them to "warp" under rare circumstances.
• Fixed an exploit allowing players to purchased locked classified weapons
• Fixed an exploit that allowed players to get above 15th Prestige using Combat Training/Player Match menus.
• Improvements to spawn system.
• Addressed some bugs with Custom Game Settings for CTF related to Touch Return Disabled
• Players can now select other clan tag colors besides red/white if they are unlocked.