271w ago - Home Community Manager "TedTheDog" has clarified statements he made last month on the US Home BETA forums. In regards to a specific bug, Ted said the bug will be fixed in Firmware update 2.5.
"2.5 is what we're waiting for and 'October' is what I've heard, later October is my guess." He goes on make a statement that would seem to indicate Home 1.0 will be arriving at the same time.
Not the case, Ted stated on the official European PlayStation Home Forum. "Open BETA will be later this year after 2.5 is released.
Sorry about that, I should know better than to say anything that could be misconstrued like that on such an important subject."
271w ago - Pete Smith, Sony Producer for LittleBigPlanet, was recently asked about the potential for a LittleBigPlanet spin-off on the PSP.
Smith refused to comment on the issue though. Earlier this year, Future Publishing rumored that LittleBigPlanet was in development for PSP at Sony Studio Liverpool, and that the game would apparently link up with the PS3 version of the game.
To quote: For all their transparency, the Media Molecule guys are still keeping some plans to themselves. One of them is any potential spin-off on the PSP, something on which Smith refused to comment. Then there are the company's thoughts on just how well LittleBigPlanet is going to do.
Will it meet the rising expectations being build up by incessant media coverage? "We know it's going to have a long tail," is all Smith would say. "With this game it's been really quite tricky to say who's the target audience because it's so broad."
271w ago - Gnosis of VGChartz (linked above) reports that Dark_Overlord of the N4G Forums picked up a copy of the PlayStation Official Magazine UK and noticed they had reviewed LittleBigPlanet.
Needless to say, it scored a 10/10 (the first of many) and they couldn't give it enough praise.
The magazine stated that it empowers you in a way that was previously confined to the PC modding scene and actual game developers. They concluded that you would have to have a 'sack for brains' to miss out on this one.
Scans of the magazine were uploaded to ImageShack, but sadly all the links appear dead now.
The only image we managed to salvage was the one shown below. Enjoy!
Goto Hiroshige has received PSX4 spec info from Japanese developer sources who received preliminary spec from SCEI for developer feedback (whom Goto refuses to name due to NDA).
- SCEI has sent rough PSX4 spec to 3rd party developers for feed back. Based on the description, PSX4 is a Wii-tized PSX3, no more than 2X as powerful.
- SCEI wants to beat Xbox 3 to launch. 2011 is the deadline, or sooner.
- SCEI pulled all its engineers from IBM Texas, and there is no new CELL architecture being developed. PSX4 will use same CELL architecture with improvements.
- SCEI will dump XDR and use standard JEDEC memory type (GDDR3/DDR3) for main memory.
And so the PlayStation 4 rumor wagon travels onward...
271w ago - As posted by AlexP on the forums of the Web site linked above:
As you may seen it before, here are the specs:
- 4 channel audio input:16 bits/channel, 48kHz, SNR 90db
- 56º or 75º Field of View zoom lens
- 2.1 F-stop, less than 1% distortion, fixed focus (25cm to 8 at 75º FOV)
- 640 x 480 at 60 frames/second
- 320 x 240 at 120 frames/second
- USB.0 high-speed data transfer
- Uncompressed video or optional JPEG compression