266w ago - Sony has already picked "loyal" European community members to join the PlayStation Home BETA, and will send them invites when version 1.0 of the virtual world goes live.
"Your next question is, 'How do you decide who gets picked?' and we had a couple of plans on how that was going to be done and my boss is away so I cant ask him which one he chose (yes, we've picked the names already and no, I'm not going to reveal the list)," said TedTheDog, Home community manager, on the European PlayStation forum.
"I'll let you know what I can, once I find out, but both were broadly based on the concept of loyalty. That's very vague I know, I'll firm up what I can, but don't expect too much detail, it was really complicated last time."
When Home version 1.0 will launch nobody knows, unfortunately, but with American PlayStation 3 owners being invited as we speak, the estimate is soon.
And there's no need to worry if you don't get in, as TedTheDog says open BETA "won't be far behind".
266w ago - Actually, the most exciting thing in the update today (for me at least) is the Theme Park for PS1.
Talking about things that we don't get in the US store... EU store already has the Theme Hospital, C&C and Red Alert and we have nothing in the US store... Come on Sony!
• Spin Jam PS1 game (£3.99/€4.99)
• Theme Park PS1 game (£3.99/€4.99)
• Alone In The Dark: Inferno demo (free)
• Metal Gear Solid 4 demo (free)
• LittleBigPlanet "Rare Week 1 T-Shirt" costume (£3.99/€4.99 - Available for one week only)
• LittleBigPlanet "MotorStorm" costume (£1.59/€)
• LittleBigPlanet "Spacesuit" costume (free)
• LittleBigPlanet "Halloween Mask" costume (free)
• Tom Clancy's EndWar "Enlistment pack" (free - Available for one week only)
• Guitar Hero World Tour DLC (listed after the break)
• Rock Band DLC (listed after the break)
• Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm "Storm Pack 1″ (free)
• Bayonetta trailer
• "Launching the PSP-3000 Series" video
• BioShock launch trailer
• Tomb Raider Underworld "Beneath The Surface 2″ video
266w ago - Per Eric Lempel (Director, PlayStation Network Operations) of the PS Blog today:
Hi, everyone, I wanted to give you a heads up about an upcoming PS3 Firmware Update (v2.52). This minor update is coming soon and includes the following:
- The playback quality of some PS3 format software has been improved.
- A text entry issue that occurs when using the on-screen keyboard, USB keyboard or Bluetooth keyboard with some PS3 format software has been addressed.
266w ago - Has 2008 been a great year for Sony? Yes and No, some people have already said why Sony havent had the best of years and I have to agree with them, but theres one thing I didn't do, buy an Xbox 360!
Anyway, was 2008 the year of PS3? No. Will 2009 be the year of PS3? Possibly. The following games are the ones to look out for and could make Sony leader of 2009.
Please note these are PlayStation 3 only games, some of them may not make 2009 (some of them aren't even announced but could be announced soon) but maybe, just maybe.
In no particular order:
- Killzone 2
- God of War 3
- Ratchet and Clank
- The agency (also on PC)
- Gran Turismo 5
- Yakuza 3
- Uncharted 2
- Jak 4
- Heavy Rain
- White Knight Chronicles
- Final Fantasy XIII Versus
- Demon's Soul
- Twisted Metal