266w ago - Last week we reported on PlayStation 3 Firmware Update 2.51 for Demo units, however, until now all we could do was speculate on what changes it offered.
According to Product-Reviews (linked above), it appears as if Sony's PS3 2.51 (or next) Firmware update will be fixing the 2.50 black and white issues that seem to be caused by the PlayStation 3 forcing your TV to 60Hz.
This problem is apparently to do with older TV's and does not affect HDTV's or some models of PS3, as one PR user said that it can be corrected by going to video settings and scrolling all the way to the bottom and change the 50Hz setting from auto to 50Hz.
To quote: Thought I'd give Sony a ring too. They confirmed that they do know about it and the next patch will fix it. The only thing they couldn't do is say when that patch would come out. But the rep said it was likely to be in a couple of weeks.
So good news that it will be fixed, and it sounds like, although not imminent, it will be sooner rather than later.
266w ago - To quote from the video's caption: This is the sixth PlayStation 3 commercial made by CastlevaniaX. I know that I said I wouldn't make another one, but it seemed to me a promise I could break.
Anyway, this time is brought to you by Axisia.net.
On behalf of Axisia.net, I introduce to you the sixth PS3 commercial.
266w ago - For the third time, Sony is using Final Fantasy XIII to advertise the PlayStation 3 in a TV Spot.
This time it contains footage of the Pigtails Girl for about a second. Unfortunately it isn't anything new.
The commercial also contains Little Big Planet and Resident Evil 5. The original stream is available on the Japanese PlayStation Web site. It's uploaded it to YouTube courtesy of Kitmitsu to make things easier.
266w ago - Here's the public presentation of Heavy Rain for the PlayStation 3 made by its Producer at Micromania Games Show 2008 in Paris.
- In this demo, the player takes the role of a young journalist who is investigating on several girls' disappearances, she goes to a house of a former taxi driver who is suspected of killing these women. In this presentation, the Producer of the game shows 2 different ways to finish this demo, there are lots of different ways to get through the story.
- Multiple view camera system, not always behind the girl.
- The demo is fully playable, no cut-scenes, the player can control the girl at any time.
- The Sixaxis motion sensor is used in the game to make different moves (open a window, raise or hit on an object, etc.).
- It is possible to hear what is happening in the mind of the character, so the player knows the different choices that are available.
- No loadings in the game!
- Backgrounds are fully interactive (all objects can be used, all doors can be opened, etc.).
- Very interesting Split Screen System to keep an eye on the murderer, control the character at the same time.
- The player has to maintain several buttons to stay hidden, uncomfortable situation...