264w ago - A PSP clone known as the 2PG console comes with cartridges that allows you to play retro NES games. Moreover, the system has an A/V out and is supplied with a PlayStation clone controller in order to play the games on TV.
To quote: Sure, this portable gaming system might LOOK just a little bit like the Sony PSP, but don't expect it to play any games made in the last 15 years.
Another in a long line of cheap Chinese knock-off systems, the 2PG TC8281 handheld plays a mish-mash of questionable 8-bit and 16-bit retro games that come only on special multi-game cartridges.
The 2PG console comes with five built-in games, as well as an additional "112 in 1″ game cartridge, for a total of 117 games for under $50. Hundreds of additional games can be played if you know where to look for the proper cartridges. The system also has an AV out and comes with a cheezy-looking Playstation clone controller so you can play games on your TV.
If you're willing to take a gamble on one of these somewhat suspect systems, you can get your hands on one over at DealExtreme for $48.80 USD.
This is mainly a maintenance release with a few bug fixes. It also adds a new feature to support homebrew to use extra slim memory.
New Features for PSP Slim:
- Added support to homebrews that are built with the option PSP_LARGE_MEMORY, that is, to use the extra slim memory. When running these homebrews under iR Shell, they will have access to another 26MB slim RAM. Pls note 2MB of slim RAM is reserved for iR Shell.
- Enhance the HTML Viewer (originally developed by Dark_AleX) to use the extra slim memory. These should help to reduce "Not enough memory" message when accessing larger web contents. The HTML Viewer can be accessed via predefined homebrew #1 icon.
- Some homebrew weren't correctly recognized by iR Shell and application names were...
264w ago - I used the various tools and information from NPD and sites like Chart-Track to compile this list of PS3 games with worldwide sales over one million units, as accurate as I could make it with the latest information I had.
Games listed in order of sales (in millions):
1. Grand Theft Auto IV, Take-Two Interactive - 4.8
2. Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Activision - 3.7
3. Motorstorm, Sony Computer Entertainment - 3.6
4. Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Konami - 3.4
5. Resistance: Fall of Man, Sony Computer Entertainment - 3.2
6. Assassin's Creed, Ubisoft - 2.9
7. Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, Sony Computer Entertainment - 2.2
8. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Sony Computer Entertainment - 1.9
9. Pro Evolution Soccer 2008, Konami - 1.6
10. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, RedOctane - 1.6
11. FIFA 08, Electronic Arts - 1.6
12. Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction, Sony Computer Entertainment - 1.4
13. Need for Speed: ProStreet, Electronic Arts - 1.4
14. Devil May Cry 4, Capcom - 1.3
15. Heavenly Sword, Sony Computer Entertainment - 1.2
16. FIFA 09, Electronic Arts - 1.1
17. WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2008, THQ - 1.0
264w ago - Having not ever been an owner of a PS3 or PSP, I wasn't aware of the bias that retailers are showing towards the PlayStation 3 console.
One of the guys that I work with is a huge PlayStation fan. Not a fanboy, mind you, but a normal person who happens to like the PS3 over the 360.
I've heard him talk about it before, but I've always passed it off as simple bad customer service or people just being overly hyped about a 360 game over the PlayStation ones, but after "Emergence Day 2″, I was shocked and appalled at the level of anti-PS3 sentiment he had to deal with.
It all started with him telling me that every time he went to his local game store, a small "mom and pop" type store where he has shopped for quite a while, they constantly bugged him to show up to the midnight release of Gears of War 2. On every visit, it seemed, he had to remind the shop owner that he did not have a 360 and had no intention of buying one.
I chalked this up to the store owner, a gamer himself, just being hyped about the release of the game. Gears of War 2 is a huge title, after all. After delving into it some more over several days of conversation, I soon learned that it was much more heinous than just a simple overzealous game store proprietor.
265w ago - Ready for a bunch of new PlayStation 3 games to be unleashed upon the world? This week sees the release of Need For Speed: Undercover, Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe and Tomb Raider Underworld. Plus a bunch of other titles.. the full PS3 release list is below:
US Games • Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe ("Kollector's" edition)
• Shaun White Snowboarding
• NPPL Championship Paintball 2009
• Tomb Raider Underworld
• Disney's Bolt
• Karaoke Revolution: American Idol
• Alone In The Dark: Inferno
European Games • Tomb Raider Underworld
• Need For Speed: Undercover
• Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe (Collector's Edition)
• The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
• Rise of the Argonauts
• Rapala Fishing Frenzy 2009
• World Championship Off Road Racing
Asian Games • Aquanaut's Holiday (English/Chinese version)
• Mercenaries 2
• MotorStorm Pacific Rift
• Shaun White Snowboarding
Don't forget that PS3 games are region free, so go ahead and import any games you fancy (Aquanaut's Holiday maybe, now it's in English?) Be aware that downloadable content is region-specific, however, so if you do import any games you'll need...