264w ago - Today Senior Manager Grace Chen of the PlayStation Store shared this weekend's PSN video content update via PS Blog as follows:
Hi again! The weekend's here - time for your weekly update of new movie & TV shows on the PlayStation Network.
This week we've added new video content from the following television series:
• American Dad, Season 4
• Family Guy, Season 7
• Gene Simmons: Family Jewels, Season 3, Episode 21
• Gossip Girl, Season 1
• MonsterQuest, Season 2
• My Name is Earl, Season 4
• SWAT, Season 3
• Watchmen, Season 1
We've also added the following feature films:
• 30,000 Leagues Under the Sea
• 666 The Beast
• A Cinderella Story
• A Scanner Darkly
• Above the Law
• Analyze This
• Around the World in 80 Days
• Better Than Chocolate
• Beverly Hills Cop
• Body Snatchers
• Boiling Point
• Born to Be Wild
• Clifford's Really Big Movie
• Dangerous Liaisons
• Deep Blue Sea
• Double Jeopardy
• Everything is Illuminated
• Fire Down Below
• Good Burger
264w ago - 2008 has been full of ups and downs for the PlayStation 3. Whether or not Sony delivered on all their promises is questionable.
However, if there is one thing that can't be taken from Sony's next-gen console is the tremendous growth its software library has undergone over the past year.
In 2007, critics of the PS3 lambasted the console's software catalog. The system was victim of numerous shoddy ports, and lacked any defining title it could call its own. Then, early in the new year, Sony made the eyebrow raising announcement that they intended to drive sales not by slashing the price again, but by delivering quality software.
And, to the disbelief of even the most devout Sony fanatics, things did begin to change. The PS3 became the lead platform for many multiplatform projects, ironically, not because it was the most powerful platform, but because it was the most infuriating to develop for. Starting with Burnout Paradise in January, the differences between the PS3 and 360 versions of multiplatform games became a non-issue.
Several big name titles, including Devil May Cry 4 and Grand Theft Auto 4 averaged better reviews on the PS3. Even Madden 2009 averaged a point better on the PS3, an impressive feat after the controversy that erupted the previous year when EA announced that...
264w ago - PlayStation Home Community Manager TedTheDog has outlined a rough overview of the coming weeks leading up to the launch of the PlayStation 3 Home Open Beta. Details are as follows:
To quote: Excited? Me too
Frustrated? Sorry, but not long now.
Here's a rough overview of the coming weeks:
1. The version 1.0 Patch Notes will be published in the closed beta forum so they know what to expect and to help plan testing.
2. A couple of days later Version 1.0 will be released into the Closed beta. That will not happen this week.
3. SCEE will be inviting a large number of extra testers into the closed beta to load test and that process will start within a day or so of v1.0 going live. We wont invite them all straight away, we'll ramp it up over a a period of time. We will be inviting non-English speaking testers for the first time.
Languages covered will be English, French, Italian, German and Spanish. Please remember these are languages, not countries, so more than the immediately obvious countries will be included to a degree. The lists have been chosen already, dont try changing your language to get included!
4. Once we start inviting people in to the Closed Beta the public SCEE Home forums will become the Home beta test...
264w ago - G4TV decided to give the Wii, XBox 360 and PlayStation 3 the beating of their lives in order to see who is the toughest. The XBox 360 managed to find itself knocked out in the very first round, while the PS3 ran out as the eventual winner.
To quote: The Human Wrecking Balls, the Pumphrey brothers, meet up with Blair Herter to give the PS3, XBox 360 and Nintendo Wii the beatings of their lives.
Don't miss the first of episode of Human Wrecking Balls this Wednesday, November 12th at 10:30PM ET. Only on G4.