268w ago - PlayFire, known for their custom gamer cards, has recently announced a major update to their PS3 trophy card system. They have expanded their selection to better suite the latest three new trophy patches that hit PlayStation 3 for the new games coming out with trophy support.
The update doesn't stop there! In addition to the new size and themes, PlayFire has introduced 'automated level calculation' based off the number & type of trophies you have fully integrated and functioning with a new level progress indicator so you no longer need to constantly adjust or guess your level.
Now, this all sounds cool, and much love to PlayFire for giving the PS3 users a custom gamer card solution, but seriously, when will Sony gives us real time syncing with a flash PSN gamer card? Adding every single trophy and game will get old fast.
All PS3 owners want, is a gamer card that will update in real time just like the XBox 360's. What is Sony waiting for? Could they be waiting to integrate the trophy reward system?
Or are they just not really worried about a very important thing that pimps out the PS3 in forums, Web sites, and social sites? For now, PlayFire will continue to be a good solution.
268w ago - Get all the trophies in a PS3 game and you earn yourself a coveted Platinum Trophy that sparkles on your XMB. But Sony could have more in store for trophy hoarders, according to the US Official PlayStation Magazine.
To quote: "We've heard that SCEA is mulling over some sort of Trophy reward system," it says in the latest issue of OPM.
"We doubt it'll be cash (or the equivalent), but we suspect it might be exclusive access to early betas and the like," the magazine speculates.
Sony UK declined to comment on the rumor, but we'd say access to exclusive wallpapers or themes via the PS Store could also be possible, or early access to demos. Would be nice.
270w ago - Notch another game on your Trophy-to-do list. For all you completists out there, here's the list of available PS3 Trophies for Tom Clancy's EndWar. There are 53 Trophies in total: 42 of them are Bronze, 8 are Silver, 1 Platinum, and 2 for Secret.
Huh, no gold, you ask? Actually, those two Secret Trophies are actually Gold Trophies.
Bronze Trophies (42):
* Communication Officer: Complete the Voice Command Trainer.
* First Command: Win the Warning Signs mission.
* Combat Chain Master: Defeat Tanks with Gunships, Gunships with Transports and Transports with Tanks.
* Veteran: Win one match in each game mode (Conquest, Assault, Siege, Raid).
* Road to War: Use Secondary Attack for the first time.
* World in Flames: Win 15 missions in the Solo Campaign.
* Weapon Master: Win a mission by deploying infantry units only.
* Hardened by War: Play 20 Single Player Skirmish matches.
* No Stone Unturned: Win 10 2 vs. 2 multiplayer Skirmish matches.
* Call of Booty: Win 3 missions in a row in Theatre of War.
* Lightning War: Win 30 missions without killing a unit in Theatre of War.
* Blitz: Play 30 missions in Theatre of War city maps.
* Tour of Duty: Disarm 10 minefields in Theatre of War.
* True Patriot: Have one unit fight and...