241w ago - Looks like PAIN, PSN's #1 game of 2008, is getting yet another expansion.
To quote: The next expansion, "Sore Spots," will add two environments: the Morningwood High School gymnasium and the alien-infested Area 69.
The expansions will also introduce a few new modes, such as the "Fun With Explosives" inspired "PAIN Science" mode.
The official PAIN blog features more details on the upcoming expansion, but we've taken a peek at the new PS3 Trophies for the upcoming expansion. To see Idol Minds' devilish new achievements, check below:
Gold Trophy • Sore Spotting- Find and hit the alien artifact in both PAIN Reunion and Sports Day and the sports trophy in both PROBE and Afterglow
Silver Trophies • Secret Santa- Open all the unlocked lockers in PAIN Reunion using Santa
• Handy-Capped- Complete Mad Science! PAINful without grabbing
Bronze Trophies • Lo Touch- Grab teleporting Hung Lo in PAIN Reunion
• Everyone's a Winner- Get a negative distance on the Anvil Toss in PAINalympics
• It's Full of Cars- Send the black sedan through...
242w ago - Today Product Marketing Manager Erin English announced on the PlayStation Blog that the SingStar Global PS3 Patch (now available) adds voice control, trophies, and more as follows:
Good news for all you SingStar fans! Today we released a global patch featuring a number of new and enhanced gameplay and online features for SingStar PS3 users.
A new voice control menu will enable players to scroll through the song carousel and select the tracks they'd like to sing by simply speaking into the microphone.
For a sneak peak at SingStar Queen, check out the teaser trailer below:
In addition to voice control, the new patch will include support for over 30 trophies including 'Super Singer Gold', 'Keep it Cool' and 'All Eyes on You', quick song purchase functionality and an enhanced redesign of the SingStore and MySingStarOnline. The new patch is free to users and will be compatible with all SingStar PS3 discs.
For all you Queen fans, late last week we announced the upcoming release of SingStar Queen for the PS3 and PS2. Available as a standalone disc on August 18, SingStar Queen features over 20 classic hits from the iconic pop-rock group including 'We Are The Champions,' 'Another One Bites The Dust,'...
245w ago - Feel like singing out of your livingroom? SingStar's got 35 trophies for you to earn (yes, it has Trophies) as you prep yourself up for the next American Idol auditions, or maybe not.
Anyway, start clearing your throat 'cause you have lots of songs to cover, plus a lot of SingStar socializing if you want get all these shiny treasures.
Bronze Trophies • SingStarter - Sing your first song
• Super Singer Bronze - Score over 9000 on 5 different songs on Easy (unlocks Home reward)
• Keep It Cool - Achieve a Cool ranking on every line of a normal length song
• Your Golden Moment - Fill every bonus note in a normal length song
• Beginner Singer - Sing 50 songs
• Medley-Go-Round - Play 10 medleys
• Window Shopper - Visit the SingStore (unlocks Home reward)
• Popularity Contest - Make 5 SingStar friends
• Center of Attention - Have a media upload viewed over 100 times in its first week online
• Chatterboxes - Post a single comment on another player's profile page (unlocks Home reward)
• Gallery Gazer - View 100 snapshots, 100 audio playbacks, and 100 video playbacks
• Welcoming Party - Receive 50 visits to your Profile page
• Star Maker - Rate 30 different pieces of media
• Meet The Locals - Visit...
251w ago - Today, Epic has made available the first screenshots and details of what's to come in the much-anticipated free bonus pack, which will be coming to PS3 (and PC) on March 5th, 2009.
Press Release: Unreal Tournament 3: Titan Pack is a major expansion to the award-winning Unreal Tournament 3. The Titan Pack gives players a substantial amount of enhanced features and new content, including many original environments, new gametypes, the namesake Titan mutator, powerful deployables and weapons, new characters, and the Stealthbender vehicle.
Also included are sweeping enhancements to AI, networking performance, UI usability and mod support, plus the addition of 57 PS3 Trophies and Steam Achievements to make the UT3 experience even more satisfying.
The "Titan Pack" also brings client-side demo recording, major Server Browser enhancements, a new maplist system, plus mid-game mutator and gametype voting functionality to the PC, while additional PS3 upgrades include split-screen support, mod browsing and Trophy support.
Unreal Tournament 3: Titan Pack includes:
• 16 environments - four Warfare, three vCTF, six Deathmatch, and three CTF maps - that are new to the PC and PS3 versions
• Three bonus pack maps, CTF-Face, CTF-Searchlight and DM-Morbias