113w ago - Today Playbrains Studio Director Scott Simpson has made available some new video footage and announced that beginning now Sideway: New York is live only on PSN!
To quote: In Hollywood circles, there is a well-known tradition where Steven Spielberg and George Lucas will skip town and go somewhere remote right about when they have a big movie opening.
They do this mostly for good luck, but also to avoid the press and ignore the grosses. Basically, they generally try to get their mind off of the project they've dedicated much of their recent lives to create.
I mention this because our adventure platformer Sideway: New York is all wrapped and done and will be available only on PSN as of today's PlayStation Store update. I also mention this because at this moment, a few of us here at the studio are out in Zimbabwe embarking on a new work project. (Oooh, I can just see the screaming blog headlines now: "Game Developer compares his game to Star Wars").
I mention this preamble principally because my beloved perfect record for responding to questions and comments on the PlayStation.Blog is (*sniff*) about to be sullied and...
132w ago - Insomniac Games Senior Community Manager James Stevenson has shared some fresh Resistance 3 Trainyard PS3 Multiplayer video footage today.
To quote: We wanted to be the first to bring you this EU Blog exclusive footage of our Bogota, Colombia multiplayer map from Resistance 3! Set in a sunbaked trainyard, this map has an awesome mixture of long-, mid- and close-combat options.
For that reason, it really fits our main objective with Resistance 3 multiplayer - to give the player a ton of choice in how they approach the game, while also giving them weapons and abilities that make their style of play even more powerful.
Features in this video you should check out include the different HUD for Chimeran players, and our new Resistance 3 rocket-launcher, the Firestorm. One of the best parts about Resistance 3 is customizing your loadout with the various Support and Tactical abilities.
In the video, you'll see players dropping Healing Beacons and Bubble Shields for their teammates, as well as using Thermal Vision and Dash to get a jump on enemies. Various attributes allow you to carry larger clips, track enemies by their footprints, and even have leapers burst from your corpse. You'll be able to unlock the various weapons, abilities and attributes, and upgrade them all, as...
140w ago - Guerrilla Games Producer Aryeh Loeb has confirmed that the Killzone 3 Steel Rain PS3 DLC Pack is coming to PSN tomorrow.
To quote: Back in February, we revealed that we were working on a brand-new DLC Pack for Killzone 3 called Steel Rain.
Today, we are proud to announce that the pack is finished and slated for a PlayStation Store release on tomorrow, 6 April.
Steel Rain consists of two explosive new multiplayer maps inspired by locations from the single player campaign: Junkyard, a Guerrilla Warfare map which sees Jetpacks and Exoskeletons clashing in a rain-drenched junk processing facility; and Stahl Arms, a uniquely styled Warzone map set on the factory floor of one of Helghan's largest weapons manufacturing plants.
The map pack will be available from the PlayStation Store April 6th for €4.99. PlayStation Plus members get a special treat: they can download the Steel Rain pack for free for the whole of April.
Check out the footage from both maps and prepare to take the fight to two new fronts.
162w ago - Big Sandwich Games Design Director Tyler Sigman confirmed that Hoard arrives on PSN tomorrow, and shared details on how to train your dragon today for fans alongside a PS3 trophy list.
To quote: HOARD drops tomorrow on PSN, so it's time you start thinking about tuning up your treasure-hunting skills! Here are a few tips to help you get started on your path to becoming a great dragon and racking up some impressive scores:
• Preserve your score multiplier. You lose your score multiplier whenever you are wounded to zero health, and also whenever a thief finishes stealing from your hoard. If you want to earn Gold ratings on maps, you have to avoid losing your score multiplier too much. It's better to fly home and heal before getting wounded all the way to zero. And always keep an eye out for those sneaky burglers.
• Armor up for safety! The denizens of the realm are not friendly. Knights and archers make for challenging foes when they come in groups. While upgrading Speed and Fire Breath are sexy, improving your Armor can be key to good scores. If you find yourself constantly getting injured and sent back to your hoard, you probably need tougher scales! Having a few extra hit points means you can make mistakes and not get punished for it.
To quote: "OK GUYS HERE IT IS! I managed to trick some software into patching this for you all it will be updated to a proper PS3 kit maker soon!
Can you test it please worked this end but want it be n00b friendly (not calling you n00bs just let me know if it's easy to use).
• DOWNLOAD IT
• EXTRACT IT
• RUN EXE
• CLICK STEP BY STEP
• SELECT THE ORIGINAL datafile.big - you will have to type it in for now as it only searches for ISO this is being updated
• THEN SAVE AS modded - you can call it what you like but NOT datafile.big or it will cause error just rename it after
• THEN CLICK NO TO SAVE AS CSO • CLICK EXIT
Now copy over the new datafile.big to your game...