248w ago - Today ps3mediaserver has updated his Java Upnp Media Server dedicated to the PS3 to version 1.10.1. To quote:
Some time has passed since the last version, so here's a major one! Hopefully, it offers some interesting features to all ps3 owners running on Windows or Linux, like the DTS streaming support (no need anymore to encode in AC3 or PCM if you have a DTS compatible receiver), an improved Mencoder engine with automatic decision between muxing (aka no video encoding) and full video transcoding.
About the DTS feature, make sure to read carefully the message box who will appear if you enable this option. Also, the automatic muxing option is enabled by default, to offer the best video quality when this is possible (if the video track is compatible and no subtitles are involved).
Keep in mind that it's a new feature, so if anything bad happens, you can disable it in the mencoder configuration panel (or in the #Video Settings# virtual...
252w ago - Another PS3 Media Server update is upon us, and to quote developer ps3mediaserver:
Here's the new version!... some explanations about the new "video copy" feature: in previous versions, you couldn't copy any transcoded videos on your ps3, due to a virtual size of 94gb... now it's possible, with this option enabled.
Be careful: if you want to use that feature, it's recommended to set a reasonable bandwidth limit in transcode options, because transcoded videos will have no fixed size, and you could fill up your ps3's hard drive pretty quickly with default settings !
. New option to enable video copy on ps3
. RAW images thumbnail support: CR2/CRW/PEF/NEF/ORF/SRF/MRW/DNG/ARW/RAF
. New extensions supported: SHN/M2V/M2P
. tsMuxer engine can now mux or reencode in AC3/PCM all audio tracks in real time
. Add the experimental mencoder build...
255w ago - Over the weekend, ps3mediaserver has updated his application to PS3 Media Server 1.03 (Props to Massy for the news).
Windows users who own multicores processors will be pleased to know that this version includes a custom build of mencoder optimized for multicores and H264 content, based on the great work of the ffmpeg team.
Benefits? Recent CPUs are now fully used, rather than the usual 60-65% usage with the default mencoder build (that means a 30% performance gain on mine for example)... so you can almost ditch your CoreAVC/AviSynth installs.
- Customize encoding parameters (along with default ones) for any given container/codec/property combination (purpose: A/V sync, playback issues, and tweaking for advanced users)
- Ability to select networking interface
- OSX 10.4 Tiger support (Intel only)
- Settings reorganization
- M4V now streamed by default, you have to enter the #Transcoded#...
256w ago - Over the weekend ps3mediaserver has updated his PS3 Media Server application to version 1.02. Today, some users reported a few issues with it so he fixed them and released a version 1.02.1 update.
The author states: If you have no troubles with 1.02, you can skip 1.02.1, as this one has very few fixes, aside this major bug:
1.02.1 Fixes: - Major Bug in server start due to a faulty MAC address retrieval
- PMS do not start after activating the archive browsing option
- Media library small fixes
1.02 New Features: - Auto-updater, default configuration, cleanups and windows/linux build scripts (thanks to Tim Cox)
- Media library (also act as a parsing cache): you can sort your files by date, ID3 tags, etc.
- Playlists (m3u/pls) support
- Preliminary album art support, better audio (flac) and tags parsing
- New options for video resolution, deinterlace filter, and archives browsing
- Video settings with an easier virtual menu (A/V sync, deinterlace, ...)
- Windows service installer (working...
258w ago - With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays, here is some PlayStation 3 news that we missed from earlier this month.
That being said, ps3mediaserver has been working on PS3 Media Server which is a DLNA compliant Upnp Media Server for the PlayStation 3, written in Java, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding any kind of media files, with minimum configuration. It's backed up with the powerful Mplayer/FFmpeg packages.
• Ready to launch and play. No codec packs to install. No folder configuration and pre-parsing or this kind of annoying thing. All your folders are directly browsed by the PS3, there's an automatic refresh also.
• Real-time video transcoding via MEncoder, tsMuxer or Avisynth
• DVD ISOs images / VIDEO_TS Folder transcoder...