157w ago - Here's a small app called n4ru Flash Loader, a successor to JaicraB's Loader, I made in a few minutes. It's completely untested as I have no access to a PS3 until Monday and thus may not work at all, so feedback would be appreciated.
It uses the SynaPS3 library, even though it only uses 1 function from the library. No harm in self-advertisement for my (baby-stage) library?
Jaicrab's Loader was made when we still had to use peek/poke to remount directories. We now have syscall8 (hermes) and syscall35 (PL3) for remounting directories. This makes things much easier.
This loader is universal and works with both Hermes and PL3. Create a folder called "cfw" on the root of your device and place the "dev_flash" folder inside it. Then create another folder called "cfw" INSIDE your "dev_flash" folder.
- Install your games onto a USB disk (Prefably a hard disk) that was formatted with the FAT32 filesystem.
- Defragment your disk after you install your games. PS2ESDL assumes that your game files are contiguous. Therefore FILE FRAGMENTATION IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!
- Launch PS2ESDL in your favourite way.
- Plug in your USB disk that has your games on it.
- Start your game by pressing either the CIRCLE, CROSS or START buttons. Hold the necessry buttons/triggers to invoke the necessary cache size settings and compatibility modes as you do so.
About the patches.ppi file that comes with PS2ESDL: Put it in the same directory where you're launching the main PS2ESDL executable from (It's necessry for compatibility with Armored Core Nine Breaker)!
162w ago - Today stoker25 via PSX-Scene has released CFWLoad v1.0 with source code, which he states is essentially a clone of JaicraB's PS3 USB Custom Firmware Loader with a few differences for people with USBs that have different numbers.
168w ago - Update: The PS3Key v2 update is now available, which offers the recent PSGroove features including:
New features in v2:
1. Now supports peek/poke commands.
2. Backups on USB HDD can now run without an original game in the BluRay drive.
3. Works with Backup Manager 2.
Today French site Wiilogic.com (linked above) have shared some screens of the PS3Key Teaser PKG Installer loader, and Eurasia.nu have posted a PS3Key Tape Fix guide for those unfortunate enough to get a first-run production PS3Key PlayStation 3 modchip which contains a design flaw.
To quote, roughly translated: "Following our page on PS3Key, Team PS3Key contacted us and denies making a clone PSJailbreak.
She presents her own at the loader manager PS3Key which only works with the PS3 master key and provides the perfect situation at future upgrades of the chip PS3Key the reactions of Sony."
That said, it appears the PS3Key Teaser will only work with official PS3Key modchips and not other clones... at least for the time being.