215w ago - Treyarch Community Manager Josh Olin announced today that Call of Duty: World at War PS3 Map Packs are 50% off for a limited time, and revealed news of new CoD playlists as well.
To quote: For one week only (offer ending November 1, 2009), Call of Duty: World at War Map Packs 1, 2, and 3 for PS3 will be half-off in the PlayStation Store (only available in North America).
So if you are missing one, we hope this makes it a bit easier to complete your collection!
With this, we're announcing some important playlist changes you'll want to take note of:
• Hardcore HQ: The addition of Hardcore Headquarters to the Hardcore playlists has taken effect, by popular demand.
• Team Flags: In the MAP PACK category, the old "Team Objective" playlist has been removed, and replaced with two playlists; Team Flags being one of them (CTF, Domination, and War).
• Team Objectives: Also in the MAP PACK category, the counterpart to Team Flags is this new playlist, Team Objectives (S&D, HQ, and Sabotage).
• Also, all 3 map packs are now in the MAP PACK rotation. So if you want to play only new content, but are tired of the same 3 maps, this will hopefully be a happy medium for you =).
Finally, we've turned on Double-XP which will also end Monday, November...
218w ago - This year marks the sixth FIWC season, which will kick off today inside EA SPORTS FIFA Soccer 10 for Sony's PlayStation 3.
Players will be able to compete for their spot in the Grand Final at one of 10 FIWC Live Qualifier Events across the globe, taking place in Australia, Brazil, Denmark, France, Italy, Japan, Poland, Russia, South Africa and the UK, or by playing online.
Press Release: FIFA, Electronic Arts and PlayStation Announce 2010 Season of FIFA Interactive World Cup
GENEVA & LONDON, Oct 06, 2009 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- FIFA, the world's governing body of soccer, Electronic Arts Inc (NASDAQ:ERTS) and Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) today announced the new season of the FIFA Interactive World Cup (FIWC), the world's only official FIFA global soccer gaming competition. The FIWC is a season-long tournament mirroring the real world of soccer in which competitors from all around the world participate playing EA SPORTS(TM) FIFA Soccer 10 on PlayStation(R)3 (PS3(TM)).
For the first time in the tournament's history, the online competition of the FIWC via PlayStation(R)Network will be split into two seasons. Season one starts with the launch of FIFA Soccer 10 on October 2 in Europe and concludes on December 18, 2009. The ten best players of season one from across the FIFA...
235w ago - Treyarch Community Manager Josh Olin has announced news that the Call of Duty: World at War PS3 Map Pack 2 is now available, as follows:
Call of Duty: World at War Map Pack 2 is now available for download on the PlayStation Store for $9.99.
Battle to control the river bridge in "Banzai," a bright jungle map featuring a waterfall and hidden caves. In "Corrosion" face down your enemy in a shattered train yard, and in "Sub Pens" wipe the monsoon rain from your eyes as you struggle over a bombed-out submarine base.
The Zombies return in "Shi No Numa" (Zombie Swamp) featuring Perk machines, the deadly new Wunderwaffe DG-2, new Trophies and flaming Hell Hounds.
Banzai Deep in the jungles of Japanese controlled territory, battle to control the tall river bridge in "Banzai" a bright, medium sized jungle map featuring a waterfall, villages and hidden caves well suited for deadly snipers, surprise attacks and all out gun battles.
Corrosion In "Corrosion" face down your enemy in a deteriorated Russian train yard. Sprint under, over and through the shattered pipelines and war-torn train cars in this mid sized map great for full out team combat. Keep your head on a swivel as your enemy could be above or below you!
247w ago - Treyarch Community Manager Josh Olin shared news of both the Call of Duty: World at War PS3 Map Pack 1 and a Nazi Zombie trailer today as follows:
Hey Call of Duty: WaW Nazi Zombie fans, the wait is over! We're releasing the first map pack for PSN today, March 19, and it includes a new Nazi Zombie Co-op level (Verrückt) that's got tons of new enhancements: Perks-a-Cola soda machines, electroshock defense systems and even more vicious zombies - all set in a creepy insane asylum which is based off of the multiplayer map, MP Asylum.
But it doesn't end with the zombies. We've also got 3 new multiplayer maps for you to raise hell in: Nightfire, Knee Deep and Station. "Nightfire" is all about fighting in a dark urban war-torn Berlin. While you dart in and out of shelled buildings, you've got the fires raging throughout the city as your only source of light.
"Knee Deep" is a Japanese-run command center in the middle of what used to be a quiet Peleliu village. On your way to taking over the command post, you'll be wading through jungle streams and fighting your way through fortified Japanese bunkers. This map works well for larger team games and objective matches.
Finally, "Station" offers a lot of variety, from...
247w ago - Hi Guys, there's a new patch v1.04 for Call of Duty: World at War for PS3. It is 171mb big.
Here is the changelog:
• All rifle grenades fired during the first 15 seconds of Search & Destroy will be duds to prevent griefing in that game mode.
• Improvements have been made to the global spawn system - players should never spawn within the line of sight of an enemy.
• Players who equip the Bouncing Betty and melee teammates in Hardcore game modes are now credited with a team kill penalty.
• Players are now deducted 200 points for team killing the bomb planter/defuser in Hardcore Search & Destroy.
• Martyrdom no longer causes "direct impact" grenade deaths in Hardcore modes.
• Players ranked higher than the maximum allowed in the Boot Camp playlist are no longer able to play in games with lower ranked friends in that playlist.
• "Bayonet jumping" has been disabled.
• Further improvements have been made to geographical matchmaking.
• Many zombies were raised from the dead.