247w ago - As you may or may not know, the Capcom support for their classic PS1 titles on the PSN has, well, been quite lackluster.
They only have Street Fighter Alpha on the store. Well, it seems there might be more content coming soon.
When Christian Svensson, strategic planning & business development VP of Capcom was asked whether or not Capcom would be adding more games to the store, he had this to say on Capcom Unity:
"The first PS1 titles for PSN were submitted last week... when I have some dates for them, we'll let you know"
So far, Capcom only has one PS1 game in its classics roster: Street Fighter Alpha - excluding the HD remix of Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo.
The ESRB has hinted at Street Fighter Alpha 2 & 3 coming to PSN for some time now, but these might not be the titles Svensson is currently referring to. Perhaps we'll see more Resident Evil games on PSN like in Japan.
260w ago - Some digging at the official ESRB Web site by Shard of NeoGAF (linked above) has uncovered several new SEGA classic titles which are destined for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii.
To quote: Well, you all know the drill, a bit of deep search has yielded the following ratings.
- Sonic The Hedgehog 3 SEGA Everyone Comic Mischief Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 SEGA Everyone No Descriptors Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Sonic the Hedgehog SEGA Everyone No Descriptors Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Streets of Rage 2 SEGA Everyone Animated Violence Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Gunstar Heroes SEGA Everyone 10+ Cartoon Violence Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Phantasy Star II SEGA Everyone Mild Animated Violence Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
- Comix Zone SEGA Everyone Animated Violence Windows PC, Xbox 360, Wii, PlayStation 3
Quite the bounty listed, it is interesting in light of that Sega comp disc getting a release next year.
314w ago - With the simple trick of making a silver Xbox Live account in Japan, Xbox 360 owners were privy to advance demos like Eternal Sonata and a chance to try out unreleased games like Zegapain Not.
However, even if you have Microsoft Points loaded into a Japanese account you cannot download Puyo Pop Fever or Magatama.
After running through the system update I attempted to purchase Magatama. I haven't played it before so I was looking forward to giving it a go. I got ready to expend 1,200 Microsoft Points when an error message popped up explaining the download was not available in my region.
The same problem occurred with Puyo Pop Fever. I turned off my 360 and tried again, but this time the option to download the games was not present. I was able to download the freebies (themes and icons), but it appears Microsoft closed off a path to downloadable import games.