149w ago - Treyarch Developer JD_2020 has announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.06 update went live today and includes the following patch details, to quote:
We are listening to you and we've been busy working on updates based on feedback from the community. We have already deployed a number of updates, and there will be many more to come. Stay tuned right here for all the latest info.
Patch 1.06 released at 2AM PST on 1/25/11. Treyarch is dedicated to ensuring the best gaming experience for the fans, and we've been actively working with you to continue to improve the game based on your feedback. As always, keep the feedback coming through the community forums.
1/25/11 (Patch 1.06)
New Features: • New contracts added to the rotation.
• Added optional pre-match timer for LAN / System-Link games.
Issues Addressed: • Fixed freeze associated with larger games.
• Improved reliability of players connections to one another.
• Improved ability to bring parties to the game lobby. Late party joiners would try to connect to previous lobby host and be denied if new joiners trigger a lobby host migration.
• Addressed an issue where the Host encounters and infinite spinning loading circle after a Host migration.
154w ago - Today Treyarch Developer JD_2020 has announced that the Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 v1.05 update went live and shared patch details, as follows:
This patch is part of a series of ongoing improvements to online connectivity which will be continued over the next few weeks.
Treyarch is dedicated to ensuring the best gaming experience for the fans, and we've been actively working with you to continue to improve the game based on your feedback. As always, keep the feedback coming through the community forums.
LIVE FIXES - 12/22 (full patch 1.05)
• Improved party reliability when leaving with party - an additional step in an ongoing series of party improvements continued in the next patch
• Improved UPnP functionality - further expands the game's capability to open NATs on routers with universal plug and play enabled
• Enabled mute functionality in Playercards in the pre-game lobby
• Enabled kick functionality in party and private match lobbies
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would not always display properly when multiple players leave the lobby after a team split
• Addressed an issue where the pre-game lobby would appear stuck on the countdown timer while waiting to balance teams
155w ago - Over the weekend Major Nelson (linked above) announced news of Call of Duty: Black Ops First Strike XBox 360 and PS3 DLC coming, however, based on the screenshots many sites are reporting that Treyarch may actually be selling cancelled maps bearing the same name as those just announced.
"Dan Bunting, from Treyarch Studios, joined Major Nelson's show for a quick interview to announce the brand new DLC set to release for Black Ops. It was mentioned that it had been previously arranged that the DLC would be exclusive for the 360 for a period of time.
The release date was also announced to be February 1. The DLC is titled First Strike and includes 4 new multiplayer maps and 1 new zombie map. The price will be 1200 MSP ($15).
If you'd like to know more about the DLC, listen to the podcast, and if you're even more lazy, just skip forward to 29:10."
Additionally, Ripten.com reports the following, to quote: "Check out these links:
157w ago - Update #2: Now zAxisreports that the news of the PS3 Master Key was not legitimate after all.
Update: graf_chokolo has now confirmed he found the PS3 Master Key, and plans to release it publicly after PSGrade is updated with it and is spread!
Today Estx on xorloser's blog (linked above) has announced that he has uncovered the PS3 Master Key and will post it shortly, however, some users including phiren believe it is really the Device Key and are awaiting more details.
Below are some comment and code excerpts, as follows:
Estx: I’ve found the Masterkey from bruteforcing dumps from my system.
Took 27 minutes, over 8,100,000 possible keys. Lol – could’ve waited but ah well.
If anyone is interested in doing the same, you can find it on 3.41.
for(int i = 0; i < list.length; i++)
159w ago - SCEA Media Partnerships Specialist Brian Gauld has announced today that gamers can now register Call of Duty: Black Ops PS3 $25,000 online ladder which starts on November 22, 2010.
To quote: Black Ops is out, and I'm sure many of you are busy scoring TKs and heaping up the bodies of the n00bs. PlayStation and MLG will make your hours of dedication more lucrative with $25,000 in total cash prizes in the Call of Duty: Black Ops Online Ladder, presented by PlayStation.
This is a 4v4 competition – grab a few of your best buds and sign up (it's free to register).
This is an online tournament ladder, so you don't even need to leave your house to enter and compete for a shot at your share of the $25,000 prize pool. Round up your posse, join the ladder, and start whatever regiment you need to get into shape for ladder play starting on November 22nd.
The top 128 teams move on to a double-elimination tournament on January 24th. The best team will claim ultimate Black Ops supremacy and the $10,000 first place prize.