- Harmonix has just sent out a press release detailing all the new features you can expect to see in Rock Band 2. A few of the highlights are:
- Backwards compatibility with Rock Band downloadable music content.
- All previously purchased tracks will immediately load into your Rock Band 2 song list. No need to re-purchase or re-download. The biggest and most diverse soundtrack ever featuring some of rock's most prolific acts, comprised entirely of master recordings.
- Major new and dynamic online modes that will connect the entire Rock Band community in more ways than ever before both locally and globally.
- More variety of instrument choices than ever before with new and improved drum and guitar peripherals, enhanced functionality and innovative new designs - all fully compatible with the original Rock Band instruments.
Of course, it doesn't stop there. It seems that it will be released exclusively on the Xbox 360 at first. I wonder how much Microsoft shelled out for that deal?
From the press release:
"As successful as the original Rock Band continues to be, we've now had the benefit of the last eight months to listen to our fans' requests and to build upon that foundation," said Alex Rigopulos, co-founder and CEO of Harmonix. "Rock Band 2...