278w ago - Daily video blog Rocketboom has handed over its distribution and ad sales to Sony Pictures in return for a seven figue guarantee plus a share of the revenues. Rocketboom will be distributed on Crackle as well as other Sony platforms including PS3, PSP and Bravia I-Link TVs.
To quote: Rocketboom founder Andrew Baron says he went with Sony because of Sony's distribution strengths and the deal allows him to maintain control of the business. (Whereas selling the business to another media buyer, such as WallStrip did to CBS a year ago for $5 million, would have required him to give up his baby).
The deal is structured as a distribution and advertising deal, and sounds like it could lead to a closer relationship or outright sale if things go well. But if they don't, Rocketboom would regain complete control of distribution and ad sales after the contract expires.
Rocketboom's current distribution through YouTube, iTunes, Tivo, and elsewhere will remain intact. Sony will sell ads across those distribution channels as well. Baron claims more than Rocketboom is watched more than one million times a month across all channels, and sometimes spike to several million views. But as one of the first Web video shows, Rocketboom has always been better at creating...
278w ago - Crediar has managed to hack the Nintendo Wii's System Menu in various ways to allow some cool stuff to be done including:
* No healthwarning (the blackscreen is the time it needs to load the channels)
* region free Wii games
* region free GC games
* region free channels
* start the build-in rescue menu when Y is pressed on the first GC controller
* rescue menu patch to boot everything not just diag-discs
* No mainmenu BGM
* more to come
278w ago - mopx0 has installed Windows Vista 32 bit on the PS3, the whole process takes a huge amount of time and the end result is that the emulation runs very slow as evidenced by the fact it takes nearly 25 minutes to boot to the start menu.
To quote: It's a 100% PS3 based emulation of Microsoft Windows Vista. Its super slow, but it works.
Tutorial: Install Qemu 0.9.1
- Install Vista on your Computer using Qemu and Bochs Bios Rev 1.171 by sshwarts
- Vlite helps speed the install up, Vista's install may take a day or so
- Bochs Bios Revision 1.171 can be found here (http://bochs.cvs.sourceforge.net/bochs/bochs/bios/BIOS-bochs-latest?view=log&pathrev=MAIN)
- You may also need to add this command "-cpu pentium3" for qemu to work right
- Copy the .IMG to your PS3's HDD
- Open Terminal where the Vista IMG is located
- Type qemu -hda vista.img -m 256 -L "Location to Rev 1.171, Drag n Drop" -cpu pentium3
- The -cpu pentium3 option makes it so it doesn't BSOD with error code 7F
It will take about 25 min to fully boot (network connection and audio show up).