287w ago - Square Enix announced today its 'DK╬£3713' summer event that will be held in Japan. The invite-only event will allow a select few to check out various games including Fantasy XIII and Kingdom Hearts.
The party will be broken up into separate sessions, with three sessions taking place on August 2 and August 3, each lasting a duration of three hours.
Attendance will be limited to 400 attendees per session, which totals to 2,400 people. Users of the Japanese Square Enix Members site can apply for admission to the event now. Applicants will be picked at random.
Square Enix plans to show off a number of upcoming titles at the event, including Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep, Dissidia Final Fantasy, and Final Fantasy XIII. No mention of Dragon Quest IX, unfortunately. Check below for the complete list of games:
* FINAL FANTASY XIII (PLAYSTATION 3)
* FINAL FANTASY Agito XIII (Mobile)
* FINAL FANTASY Versus XIII (PLAYSTATION 3)
* KINGDOM HEARTS Coded (Mobile)
* KINGDOM HEARTS 358/2 Days (Nintendo DS)
* KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep (PSP)
* DISSIDIA FINAL FANTASY (PSP)
* The 3rd Birthday (Mobile)
* Sigma Harmonics (Nintendo DS)
* FINAL FANTASY VII ADVENT CHILDREN COMPLETE (Blu-ray)
Start by downloading the "HowToMakePS3Themes.zip".zip file HERE and extracting it onto your computer.
In this zip are folders with the necessary files for each step of the process.
Step 1: Create
Let's start at the very beginning.
- In this folder, you'll find the images that make the XMB, its sub-icons, and the background wallpapers for HD and SD resolutions.
- There is also a file called "PS3Theme_template.xml", but we'll come back to that a little later.
- It's important that you don't change any of the file names in this folder. If you do, it will cause problems later on.
- Start by deciding...
289w ago - Sony Computer Entertainment Europe today sent over a selection of screenshots showcasing the new PlayStation Media & Events Space in Home. Last week, the PlayStation Day media event was broadcast within the area to a total of 10,000 Home BETA testers.
On a separate note, a brief e-mail sent out to those participating the Home BETA test today has revealed that Ubisoft will be using the Media & Events Space to showcase their latest titles live from Ubidays tomorrow.
The Home team and Ubisoft would like to invite you to the first ever Publisher Event in Home. Its a pretty exclusive event too as we're still in closed BETA so please try and make time to be a part of a real first.
We'll be in Home in the new Media & Events space on the evening of Wednesday the 28th of May between 7pm BST and 8pm BST time and Ubisoft will be showcasing their new titles for you all.
And there's more to come. While Ubisoft is the first, SCEE is promising that other third party publishers will use the newly-created Home Space to broadcast events as well.
292w ago - Sony shocked attendees at Sony's PlayStation Day by failing to mention anything about an XMB update. Many PS3 owners were for hoping for details about the much anticipated in-game XMB functionality.
That being said, Sony did share a PlayStation Network Showcase trailer today.
Below is a video showcasing the PlayStation Network and a sneak peak at up coming content: