To quote, roughly translated: Finally we arrived at the online Custom Firmware 5.03GEN for HEN-B (PSP-3000) and we're glad you're also likely to want to test it.
The essential novelty of 5.03GEN-B is the support of the games require a firmware higher than 5.03, including games protected against Custom firmware (Evangelion, Full Metal Alchemist ...). Yoshihiro worked out and managed to adapt this possibility of drawn-5.50GEN Custom Firmware D2 on 5.03GEN.
However, we have not reached 100% of our goals and some things are not perfect, unfortunately.
Before talking about what does not, here is a little reminder of what our custom firmware for the PSP-3000.
Background of core functions:
• COMPATIBLE with the PSP-3000 and PSP-2000 v3 official firmware 5.03
• Play backups of games REQUIRE PSP firmware above 5.03, including 6.xx
• Playing UMD REQUIRE firmware above 5.03, including...
1 : Fix Wlan TKIP in game loop : pes 2009 , fifa , motorstorm , GTA cw ect....
2 : Fix Video Output With 5.5X and 6.X Games like GTA Chinatowns War
3 : Fixed recovery menu with make Pandora and make battery normal
4 : removed splash screen http://www.pspgen.com but you have another spash screen in red color for let you know if the decrypter work.
• All features of 5.50GEN-B2 are avaible
• Ability to run 5.51 + games without having to patch it (UMD or ISO)
• Possibility to launch PSN demos requiring 5.51 + without having to patch them (as MGS for example)
• Possibility to connect to the Playstation Store by the using of MEDIAGO, to retrieve games and goodies without having to install Fake USB or other complicated stuff.
• Possibility to use the XGEN Updater to install the official firmware
• 6.10 (use it only if you have a Pandora XGEN to be able to return later in Custom firmware)
• 480x272 AVC Videos are supported
• Option to accelerate the reading of MS is going to be ported to 5.50GEN
This update allows you to install and enjoy all the games that requires FW 5.55 and 6.00 without having to patch anything.
Things you have to take note of:
• This CFW is for PSP-1000 and PSP-2000 v1 and v2 ONLY
• The 5.03HEN-A will be updated shortly with the same opportunities
Roughly translated changelog:
• Ability to run 5.51 + games without having to patch (UMD or ISO)
• Ability to run protected games like Soul Calibur or FMA example (UMD or ISO)
• To launching PSN demos requiring 5.51 + without having to patch them as AMS
• Connection via PSN MEDIAGO without having to install complicated utility (option in beta yet)
• Possibility to use the XGEN Updater to install the official firmware 6.10 (For use only if you have a Pandora XGEN handy to be able to return later in Custom firmware.
218w ago - Russian PSP hacker mc707 has released EBOOT Patcher v1.0 for Sony's PlayStation Portable, which will allow you to play 5.55 / 6.00 games on 5.00 M33-6, 5.03 MHU, 5.03 GEN-A and other Custom Firmware.
1. Remove with UMDGen from the image game EBOOT.BIN loader and export the File list (menu File> File list> Export)
2. Decrypt loader EBOOT.BIN
3. Apply the patcher to decrypted loader EBOOT.BIN (check that this is decrypted - the header ELF).
4. Pack the boot back into the image (with UMDGen replace the boot EBOOT.BIN in the image).
5. Import File list back, agreeing with the question of the desire zaforsit file locations in the image! (this item is required for many games, in particular DiRT 2 without this procedure falls into a black screen)
6. Save the new image of UMDGen (overwrite original)
7. Rewrite the image on the...