Note: As this is a PC side application, you do not need a JailBroken PS3 to use it with your PlayStation 3 entertainment system.
Recent build changes include the following:
• Double check for Mplayer existence and font generation (useful for latest Sherpya's revisions)
• Ability to shutdown DLNAorgPN automatic support for a given renderer (see DLNAOrgPN attribute in the renderer conf file)
• Some hack stuff for mpeg2 remux on Bravia TVs
• RAW generation fixed
• Custom mencoder quality settings for a given renderer
Not sure what changed in 412 specifically though, all I can find is "small change" (suspect a bug fix).
206w ago - PS3 Media Server, a DLNA compliant Upnp Media Server for the PlayStation 3, has been updated by shagrath (earlier this month actually, we missed it) to PS3 Media Server BETA v1.11.369 for both Windows and Linux versions.
To quote: Keep in mind these builds are not tested extensively. It's recommended to install it in another directory, but you can install these over your current installation (and of course, you can revert anytime to any older versions):
Changelog between r369 and r366:
• Newest Windows binaries of FFmpeg, mplayer and mencoder. Mencoder-mt is *not* updated: you can try the one from sherpya here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mplayer-win32/files/mplayer-mt/revision%2029319-mt/MPlayer-rtm-svn-29319.7z/download
• Auto rotation of images based on EXIF orientation, only on PS3
• New option to start basic streaming in the #transcode folder (request of meskibob)
• Static UUID, multiple server instances appearing...
227w ago - It's been a few months since the last PS3 Media Server update and the official Blog isn't updated yet, however, shagrath has been handling updates via the forums linked above and has shared a new build over the weekend.
For those who didn't know, PS3 Media Server is a DLNA compliant Upnp Media Server for the PS3, written in Java, with the purpose of streaming or transcoding any kind of media files, with minimum configuration. It's backed up with the powerful Mplayer/FFmpeg packages.
• Regression in FLAC playback
• Fixed subtitles font detection on Windows
• Flaw in the transcode/remux buffer, in some cases, the video stopped after a few minutes
• Cache bug when streaming web medias
• Duplicate items issue on Linux
• Upnp alive message sent sooner at the start of the server