157w ago - Although it's been awhile since the previous update, today JNABK reports that Ifcaro has released Open PS2 Loader v0.8 for PS3 complete with Source Code followed by version 0.9 and v0.91 below.
For those unaware, this application allows for loading PS2 iSO images on PlayStation 3 consoles with PS2 support... meaning it must be a non-Slim PlayStation 3 model with (4) USB ports.
158w ago - Today Gamerzines.com (linked above) reports that the Sony BRAVIA KDL-22PX300 TV which includes a built-in PS2 has arrived in the UK- pretty neat for those without a PlayStation 2.
Below are the specifications, and to quote: "Sony's 22" TV, which retails at £199, features a PS2 console integrated directly into the stand, letting you play PS2 games and watch DVDs without the need for a separate console.
The 720p TV also includes BRAVIA Internet Video Access, allowing you access to streaming services like YouTube and on-demand television, plus four HDMI inputs."
Sony BRAVIA KDL-22PX300 PS2 Combo 22" LCD with Bravia Internet Video and Ready for Wi-Fi Specifications:
• HD Ready: Enjoy your TV shows and movies with the detail and quality of high definition.
• TV combo consisting of a TV and a PS2.
• BRAVIA Internet Video: A new way of watching television, can easily see the programs of the service a la carte TV, or streaming audiovisual content on-line sites like YouTube without a PC.
• Prepared for Wi-Fi with USB adapter.
• HD TV tuner integrated MPEG-4 AVC: forget the set and access to TV...
- Install your games onto a USB disk (Prefably a hard disk) that was formatted with the FAT32 filesystem.
- Defragment your disk after you install your games. PS2ESDL assumes that your game files are contiguous. Therefore FILE FRAGMENTATION IS UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!
- Launch PS2ESDL in your favourite way.
- Plug in your USB disk that has your games on it.
- Start your game by pressing either the CIRCLE, CROSS or START buttons. Hold the necessry buttons/triggers to invoke the necessary cache size settings and compatibility modes as you do so.
About the patches.ppi file that comes with PS2ESDL: Put it in the same directory where you're launching the main PS2ESDL executable from (It's necessry for compatibility with Armored Core Nine Breaker)!
162w ago - Today TheGameHeadz.com (linked above) reports that a Rep revealed Sony's PS3 backwards compatibility plans to them at a recent press event.
While they didn't reveal their informant's name, a few months ago a patent for an adapter to make PS3 backwards compatible was uncovered.
To quote: "It was clear from our conversation that Sony likes the idea of backwards compatibility, but hadn't come to a conclusion until recently, on how to incorporate it.
The decision Sony finally came to is the one already in play, HD remastering.
"Remastering didn't come up until about two years ago. For a developer, remastering in HD took a moderate amount of time and effort to achieve, and with the right title it could be very successful. Once we noticed the benefits of HD remastering, the decision was made to use God of War 1 & 2 as the test for the market, and they delivered.
The God of War Collection had reached almost a million copies sold just after the holiday. Shortly aftter that Activision, EA, UbiSoft, Konami, and SquareEnix were all on board to issue ReMastered Edition of their best Playstation 2 Games."
He went on to say doing backwards compatibility...