235w ago - SCEA Sr. Producer Travis Williams has posted a new video today on the PlayStation Blog showcasing PAIN: The People's MODE for Sony's PlayStation 3.
To quote: If you have been keeping up with our PlayStation Network game PAIN lately you would realize we just released SORE SPOTS. This particular release has been good for us in that we really got to address some core improvements to PAIN as a whole as well as create a multiplayer mode filled with player suggestions we have had for a while now.
Some of the improvements to PAIN include:
• Revamped Menus We've added so much content that the old menus just were not working for us anymore.
• PS3 Trophy lists inside modes Players hated leaving modes to figure out how to get all the trophies. So now you can see those requirements inside the mode you are playing.
• PAINalympics! It's a good exercise to browse our message boards and pick out some of the wackiest ideas we have gotten from the community. I remember one player wanted a mode where you could see how long you can go without touching the ground.
Another player wanted to swing and kick people... I could go on for...
241w ago - Looks like PAIN, PSN's #1 game of 2008, is getting yet another expansion.
To quote: The next expansion, "Sore Spots," will add two environments: the Morningwood High School gymnasium and the alien-infested Area 69.
The expansions will also introduce a few new modes, such as the "Fun With Explosives" inspired "PAIN Science" mode.
The official PAIN blog features more details on the upcoming expansion, but we've taken a peek at the new PS3 Trophies for the upcoming expansion. To see Idol Minds' devilish new achievements, check below:
Gold Trophy • Sore Spotting- Find and hit the alien artifact in both PAIN Reunion and Sports Day and the sports trophy in both PROBE and Afterglow
Silver Trophies • Secret Santa- Open all the unlocked lockers in PAIN Reunion using Santa
• Handy-Capped- Complete Mad Science! PAINful without grabbing
Bronze Trophies • Lo Touch- Grab teleporting Hung Lo in PAIN Reunion
• Everyone's a Winner- Get a negative distance on the Anvil Toss in PAINalympics
• It's Full of Cars- Send the black sedan through...
247w ago - Today PAIN Associate Producer Jason Coker announced news of the incoming PAIN Smack Pack, which includes both Darts and Fortress Modes. To quote:
We're about to drop the Smack Pack on you (sold separately), which includes the Darts and Fortress game Modes. As I'm sure you know, traditional Darts wouldn't be suitable for PAIN. We wouldn't dare make something as simple as launching a character into an oversized dartboard.
Instead, you have to launch you character toward a giant sticky billboard with multiple bullseyes painted on it, in the process grabbing another character (or bomb) and chucking it at the billboard. Sounds simple enough, eh?
Oh, I forgot to mention the fact that your opponents have distractions to jack you up during your flight to the billboard. It makes it even more satisfying to clear the distractions and pull off a bullseye, so I hope your game is in order.
Fortress is the other half of the Smack Pack, and it pits you against up to three opponents, each of you with a giant fortress on a floating platform in the sky. On offense, your task is to aim at an opponent's fortress, launch and grab an exploding object, and chuck it at their fortress to inflict maximum damage.
Every bit of damage you do costs that player points, and when...