114w ago - Just over a month back we reported on an XBox 360 Reset Glitch Hack for Fat and Slim models followed by news that XGD3 has been defeated, and today XBox 360 scene release group RRoD has began releasing the first XGD3 iSO files alongside a guide on how to burn them for end-users.
For those curious, current XGD3 0800 XBox 360 released from RRoD include:
115w ago - Following up on his Guide to Remarry PS3 Blu-ray Drives to other consoles, today PlayStation 3 developer Mark Webber has shared another on how to recover Blu-ray drive playback on 256MB FAT PS3 consoles.
To quote: Ok, so finally....
How To Recover BD Playback On 256meg Fats
You will need to QA flag your PS3
IF you are on 3.55: Using the special 3.55 downgrade PUP by Jaicrab, then down again to 3.15 or 3.41 using stock PUP files
Follow this guide to QA flag your PS3
By ps3nemesis: (EASY QA FLAG INSTALL)
NOTE BEFORE YOU ATTEMPT THIS OR ANY MOD TO PS3 FILE STRUCTURE PLEASE BACK-UP YOR dev_flash 2 FOLDER AND THE WHOLE OF dev_hdd0/home AS THIS IS WHERE YOUR PSN / DLC/ PSONE LICENCES ARE KEPT. ALSO MAKE AN EXTRA BACK-UP OF dev_hdd0/home/act.dat .
PLEASE ALSO BE AWARE THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE STATING THAT THE TROPHY SYSTEM GETS MESSED UP !!! FOOLS RUSH IN...
Note: Only works on Otheros++ 3.55 or 3.41 CFW at the moment, so you'll have to reflash to it, then go back to your cfw's (i.e 3.55 CFW > Otheros++ > QA Flag > 3.55 CFW )
To quote, roughly translated: Today I'll write a tutorial to "fast-swap" between CFW 3.55 and OFW 3.70, using 2 HDDs... at the end of the tutorial, you'll be able to swap between the firmware just flashing a dump on your PS3 using Progskeet. (instead of downgrading and losing all data).
The first steps are not so easy, so take your time and go on, by the way, you must have some skill with Progskeet, and it must be 100% working...
128w ago - Recently SouthSickness has made available a guide on how to use the iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad as a PS3 Remote Control.
Below are the details, to quote:
Things You Will Need:
1. iPod Touch/iPhone that has been jailbroken.
3. Bluetooth on the iPod and PS3
1. Go to iPod/iPhone and click on Cydia.
2. Click on Manage in Cydia's options.
3. Click on sources.
4. Then click on edit and add the following source. ADD REPO ON CYDIA
5. After you are done adding go to search and type in WeBe.Theres gonna be two one you pay for and a free cracked one.
6. Click on the cracked one download and install it.
7. Start of WeBe++ and wait for it to load.
8. Go to PS3 and click register a new device you should see your iPod/iPhone.
9. Add it and enter the pin code it gives you on your iPod/iPhone.
10. Your PS3 should appear as "Paired and available devices."
11. Click on it and then click where it says PS3 under or shows the keyboard symbol.
129w ago - Today XDev shared a guide and video on how to transfer PS3 data from 3.65 to 3.55 Custom Firmware allowing PlayStation 3 CFW users to get their accounts that are on OFW to CFW.
To quote: This is useful for those that need to get PS3 DLC map packs accounts ect on their 3.55. Better doing this then having to readd accounts ect all over again after every data transfer like I was.
First off the regular PS3 needs to be on 3.65 Firmware. Your second PS3 needs to Be on a 3.55 CFW "Not Rebug"