167w ago - I've have successfully modded the Smackdown 2010 game on the PS3 and can confirm the following:
• The model, texture, wrestler archive (pac) and arc files are exactly the same as the 360 version, therefore these can be interchanged between consoles.
• My X-PacKer 5.0 app which allows for texture editing and injection works perfectly with the ps3format archive files (check http://sf4mods.blogspot.com for the app)
• The game installs all the pac files onto the internal ps3 hard drive when you first boot the game up, so all mods to the game must be done on the internal ps3 hard drive.
I'm randomly getting errors that the data on the internal hdd is corrupt when making changes. Not sure why the game does this as yet.
In order to overcome this, I need to replace the edited files with the originals and then boot the game. I then need to exit to the XMB and add the edited files, boot the game again and it loads fine. There could be a checksum somewhere which is storing the filesizes.
• I'm still investigating hacks to the paint tool files, will post info shortly. Check out Mr Mouse's PT Explorer v0.1.7 app on XeNTaX for more info about this type of hack.
170w ago - Today European Product Manager Elliott Linger has shared a fresh InFamous 2 PS3 gameplay video and some screenshots, as follows:
For those of you that haven't seen this already, check out the below brand-new gameplay footage of inFamous 2 that was first shown behind closed doors at gamescom and then last week at PAX in Seattle.
You'll get to see one of Cole's brand new electrical powers - the Kinetic Pulse - with which he can now hurl enormous objects (i.e. cars!) around the environment, plus one of the new enemies straight from the swamps of New Marais - the nightmarish Ravager.
Oh, and here are some new screenshots for you to enjoy. Enjoy!
170w ago - Producer Filipe Pina has shared the first video for Under Siege today alongside PlayStation Move details!
To quote: Hi everyone! We're proud to present Under Siege today. In a nutshell:
• Under Siege is a real-time strategy game exclusive to the PS3 and the PSN store.
• It includes a juicy single player campaign as well as online and local multiplayer content.
• The in-game Editor enables players to create their own maps and share them with the world!
What's that you say? How juicy is the campaign?
For starters, the single-player campaign in Under Siege does not include those pesky grinding levels many other strategy games have; You don't have to spend half an hour getting wood to then build a base, and so on.
Your army is always there with you, growing persistently from level to level. Your army also gains experience ranking up as they fight, so it's important to keep them alive because when they die... well, we like to think that they were somebody's son.
Oh, and you found a new race in the swamp that wants to join your cause? They can! Because in Under Siege, your army is made up of every race found in the game. This makes for some interesting strategy tactics for...
172w ago - Producer Chris Hinojosa-Miranda has shared details on the Gran Turismo 5 PS3 announcements from GamesCom 2010 today.
To quote: Guten Tag Gran Turismo fans! We're coming to you semi-live and sort-of on-location from ze lovely German city of Cologne, site of this year's gamescom, with a quick update on the latest news on Gran Turismo 5 and some of the features we'll have ready for you come November 2nd.
Below are some brief notes on these features, but for a more detailed break down, brand new screenshots and some cool historical bits, visit the official Gran Turismo website.
Single Player Career Modes: A-Spec and B-Spec
In A-Spec, you are the driver and it will be your driving skills that decide where you stand on the grid.
B-Spec, you are the Team Director, and your job is to study the competition and properly play to your driver's strengths to come out on top. Winning will be a team effort, with every race a chance to improve your driver's technique and help him develop into a top-tier driver. This is a brand new style of racing.
Garage: A Virtual Rolodex for Your Rides
Gran Turismo 5 gives you the chance to own over 1000 hyper-detailed cars, and the Garage section will be their home, complete...
172w ago - VidZone's Head of Production Ben Creasey has revealed that this weeks VidZone PS3 updates includes the arrival of EMI and NERD exclusives on PSN.
To quote: As you will know we have just launched our new patch and announced that EMI records videos are now live on VidZone (at last!).
So whether you like Katy Perry or Iron Maiden, Coldplay or Daft Punk (and 1000's in-between) go check them out.
As a thank you to you all for being so patient, we have a very special and very exclusive gift to all of you, and it doesn't come much better than NERD.
Not one, not two, but FOUR exclusive videos spread over four weeks to keep you N.E.R.D. hungry for the album "Nothing" released on the 6th September.
• 19th August - Episode 1: N.E.R.D. - Hot N Fun (Starsmith Remix) Video
• 26th August - Episode 2: N.E.R.D. - Hot N Fun (Boyz Noise) Video
• 2nd September - Episode 3: Exclusive video to be announced in the next update blog!
• 9th September - Episode 4: Exclusive video to be announced in the next update blog!
What else we got? Well I'll tell you...
Hot New Videos
Scalding... Novel... Cinematic experiences... this is just getting ridiculous...