143w ago - Sony's Senior Social Media Specialist Rey Gutierrez has posted up the new PS3, PSP and PSN releases for this coming week today, as follows:
This week delivers a long list of titles that will make your stack of backlogged games tower even higher.
I'm guilty of name dropping, especially when games like Slam Bolt Scrappers, Homefront and Parasite Eve arrive on PlayStation 3 and PsOne Classics this week.
You'll also get your chance to try PlayStation Move Heroes when the demo hits PSN, followed by demos for Mortal Kombat (open to all PSN users) and Crysis 2 Multiplayer.
Homefront - The year is 2027. The world has suffered a decade-long energy crisis, and economies have crumbled. Reduced to a mere shadow of the super power it once was, the United States became the target of a North Korean takeover.
Featuring a compelling single player story crafted by John Milius (Apocalypse Now, Red Dawn), Homefront immerses gamers in an interactive and cinematic FPS experience where they will assume an infantry role or take command of a wide variety of aerial and ground vehicles.
143w ago - A few weeks back we reported that Sony was hiring IP investigators as part of forming a PS3 anti-piracy program, and today Dutch site PSX-Sense (linked above) reports that they may also be recruiting PlayStation 3 hackers as well.
According to rumor, Sarah McRaecontactedKoushik Dutta regarding a Software Engineer position that is opening at SCEA.
To quote, roughly translated: Something we wouldn't expect from Sony; they are recruiting hackers for a job at SCEA. A hacker named Koush got an e-mail, which is 100% real, from Sarah McRae which works onsite at the Talent Acquisition department.
He had been asked for a job at the R&D Departmen at Sony, we're sure Koushik isn't the only hacker which has been contacted by Sony. As a proof Koush posted a screenshot of the e-mail.
143w ago - Today the Killzone 3 PS3 patch v1.04 update has gone live via PSN, which includes several bug fixes detailed below courtesy of Guerrilla Games alongside some new features for PlayStation 3 gamers to take advantage of.
To quote: CHANGES & NEW FUNCTIONALITY
• Network - Lag fixes and fixes for network errors 10002, 8001 and 8013
• Gameplay - Players now have more stamina by default. Sprint length is increased but the recharge timer has been adjusted to compensate
• Gameplay - Mortally wounded players no longer have collision. Alive players should now be able to traverse the levels without getting stuck on mortally wounded players
• Gameplay - Medic's revive cool-down reduced from 25 to 10 seconds
• Gameplay - Increased range from where friendly players can be revived - player can be revived from 20 meters now
• Gameplay - Guerrilla Warfare games now last 15 minutes and it takes 100 kills instead of 50 to win
• Performance - Improvements to party creation server load
• Menu - Show envelope icon to indicate that player has received message
• Menu - Rewards panel in post game screen now auto-scrolls
• Menu - Botzone is now paused when player goes to start menu
• Menu - Single click squad...