142w ago - Just over a week ago PlayStation 3 hacker Mathieulh confirmed finding a PS3 3.56 Exploit, and today drizzthacks tweeted part of an IRC chat log where Mathieulh stated the following regarding PS3 Firmware 3.60 running homebrew code, as follows:
"[03:15] while you are insulting me like morons, I already have code running on 3.60, and I am laughing, and guess what ? I am happy I stopped sharing, you can hate me for it, I don't care."
He followed up with the following Tweets: To those planning on building a 3.56+ pup for whatever reason, the files attributes changed, the group and user ids for the files as well. The new 3.56+ values for tarballs are the following: owner_id, “0000764″ group_id, “0000764″ owner, “tetsu” group, “tetsu” ustar, “ustar”
You can use fix_tar to use those new values. Use with caution. By comparison, those are the pre-3.56 values. owner_id, “0001752″ group_id, “0001274″ owner, “pup_tool” group, “psnes” ustar, “ustar”
3/22 Spotlight Title
Ghostbusters Sanctum of Slime
Full Game Trial
• Prince of Persia
Discounted Games & DLC
• Boom Beats PlayStation minis (PlayStation Plus price $1.50, regular price $2.99)
Featured Themes & Avatars
• Okami Avatar Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $0.49)
• Pocket Fighter - Sprite Avatar Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $1.99)
• Street Fighter Avatar Bundle (Exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers for $1.99)
• Dragon Girl Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
• Fireplace Dynamic Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
• Tales from Space: About a Blob PlayStation Plus Dynamic Theme (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus subscribers)...
Fom the Rebug page: This is an update to the 'Package Manager 0.9 – Installer' NOT 'Package Manager' to make it a little safer by putting in some measures to avoid accidental end-user errors when installing.
Package Manager is a replacement for the standard ★ Install Package Files option under 'Game' in the XMB for both 3.41 and 3.55 firmware. It allows for the install and deletion of .pkg files from 'dev_hdd0/packages', 'dev_usb/packages' and the standard '★ Install Package Files' locations. In addition to this, your downloaded PSN content will appear under this menu instead of cluttering your 'Game' menu with uninstalled content.
1: Download the 'Package Manager 0.9 – Installer 1.1′ package and install it on your PS3.
2: Run 'Package Manager 0.9 – Installer 1.1′ and choose your option.
NOTE: Rebug and OFW/CFW have slightly different...
142w ago - Today SCEA Senior Marketing Partnership Specialist JT Pierce has announced the arrival of InFamous 2, Killzone 3 and GT5 PS3 DLC courtesy of both Edge and Schick.
To quote: We've joined forces with Edge and Schick to help you get more of an edge in your life and your gameplay.
This week, special edition Edge Shave Gel and Schick Quatro products are hitting store shelves nationwide. These custom Killzone 3, Gran Turismo 5 and inFAMOUS 2 packages are more than just collector's items. Enter the on-pack code at edgeshave.com/ps3 and get your hands on your choice of downloadable content including:
• A Killzone 3 Retro Map Pack featuring two popular maps from Killzone 2 OR three Unlock Points to use on the weapon or ability of your choice
• A customized Chevy Camaro SS "Edge Special" for Gran Turismo 5
• A special "Sniper Blast" in-game power for inFAMOUS 2. The long-range blast has a narrow area of effect to better equip you to take-on the enemy when inFAMOUS 2 arrives in June.
• Gran Turismo 5: Chevy Camaro SS "Edge Special"
• inFAMOUS 2: In game power: Sniper Blast
• Killzone 3: Retro Map Pack OR Unlock Points
142w ago - Beatshapers CEO Alexey Menshikov has introduced StarDrone today for PS3 which is now heading to PlayStation Network.
To quote: We are excited to introduce StarDrone, a game designed with a perfect blend of high-speed physics and pinball action, with strategic elements of break-out and object collection.
From a top-down perspective, you pilot the spacecraft across the galaxy, collecting pieces of Equilibrix in order to restore the balance of the universe and stop the expansion of evil G-Noids.
To add to the challenging gameplay, your spacecraft is always in motion and you don't have any direct control over it, only a grapple-hook which you can use to push and pull your craft into the orbit of specific nodes located all over the game field.
Cause your attackers to crash with rapid speed while collecting gems and power-up enhancements. Overcome perilous hazards and elude zillions of enemies in an effort to complete each stage with a record score. With simple gesture controls and unique, intuitive gameplay mechanics, StarDrone is friendly to beginners, at the same time challenging enough to bring you back for more and more.