133w ago - Earlier today the PS3Break PS3 Downgrader was announced, and now the x3Max Team has made available a video of their PS JailBreak clone PS3 modchip dongle in action running PlayStation 3 homebrew on Firmware 3.50 without downgrading!
To quote from kbx.org (linked above): I was talking to one of the support staff from x3max and they notified me about their new downgrader which they are going to release later today. They have provided me with a video which shows the x3downgrade. I will update the blog when they send me files.
Seems like they got an device which can run homebrew on 3.50 but i think they are releasing an downgrader as well as the support guy told me.
Finally, from the video's caption: The 3.50 firmware is now Jailbreaked, no more need to downgrade !
The dongle can launch homebrews on PS3 with 3.50 firmware, without downgrade !
133w ago - Today we received word and videos from bx1199 of the E3 Team and sk group that E3DIY.net has made available an E3 Card Reader PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.50 downgrader, while PR0r also let us know that OzModChips (linked above) is now offering an Infectus PS3 Mod 3.50 Firmware downgrade service as well.
With this bin you can get the PS3 into service mode and downgrade using the previously released files to downgrade to 3.41 and below.
To quote from their page: "Thank you for using E3card Reader PS3. Today we will bring you a big surprise: the E3-Downgrader for E3card Reader. Yes it's THE downgrader which can turn your 3.5 PS3 down to any version you wanted, i.e. the 3.41.
An English patch of the officially released Tales of Graces F PS3 Demo. Currently requires a PS3 with firmware 3.41, a USB key or harddrive with ~450mb of free space, and a jailbreak device with a payload that supports peek/poke installed (we do not support the PSJailbreak dongle).
1. Download the r3volition patcher package, here.
2. Download the Tales of Graces F Demo package, here.
Skip this step if the demo is already installed on your PS3, or if you wish the PS3 to automatically download the demo for you.
3. Place the packages on your USB stick or drive.
4. Boot your PS3 with the exploit, and use the package installer in the Games menu to install r3volution.pkg
133w ago - Sony's Senior Social Media Specialist Sid Shuman has posted up a collection of Dead Nation PS3 tips and tricks today dubbed 'Dead Bodies Everywhere' for fans.
To quote: Dead Nation's nonstop shooting and scrambling will test the mettle of even a veteran gamer -- and that's part of the fun!
I've compiled my battle-tested tactics gleaned from beating the game on the "Grim" difficulty, plus bonus tips shared by PlayStation Twitter followers.
Earn more gold, find more health, beat back mobs efficiently, and choose the right upgrades. Be sure to leave your own battle-tested tips in the comments!
• Rush makes you (briefly) invincible. Pressing L2 grants you a burst of speed that makes you untouchable for a nanosecond. Use it to dodge angry Bombies, power through a zombie crowd, or sprint over flames. But even the Rush won't save you from the dreaded Cutter...
• Master the Melee. Melee attacks (R2) knock away all zombies, even those lurking behind you, so it's a must for crowd control. To be a real melee monster, collect fashionable ExoGear armor pieces hidden throughout the game and equip them at the Weapon Shop.
• Melee while reloading. Stuck in a reload animation just as a mob is closing in? Jam on the melee button...