139w ago - Update #2: Anonymous have now issued another Press Release essentially stating that they plan to cease the attacks on Sony but intend to pursue other ways of getting Sony's attention.
Update: GameSpot.com reports that Sony has now stated the following to their PSN customers regarding the recent attacks, to quote: "If this is indeed caused by such [an] act, we want to once again thank our customers who have borne the brunt of the attack through interrupted service. Our engineers are working to restore and maintain the services, and we appreciate our customers' continued support."
As a follow-up to our previous article, today PlayStation LifeStyle (linked above) interviewed the Anonymous hacking group that has been attacking Sony who states the worst is yet to come, while KickArss.com has shared a fix for those experiencing issues with PSN.
From the PSL interview: "So far, all Sony has seen...
139w ago - SCEE's Ross McGrath of the PlayStation Store Team is here with this weeks European PSN Game Store update today, as follows:
Here's a quick run-down on what you'll find when you hit the Store this afternoon.
• Demos are now a top level category, where you'll find the latest BD demos and trials for PSN titles, as well as an organised A-Z list.
• We've added a Franchises section - in here we'll be building up a library of games, DLC, themes and all the rest which can be browsed by a whole franchise - so now there's one place to visit to get all the KillZone, Call of Duty or Assassin's Creed content you're looking for.
• We've added a Charts section, with the top 10 most downloaded games, demos, minis and more, so you can find the most popular content more easily.
• We've pulled Themes and Avatars out to the top level so you can more easily find what you need to customise your PS3 experience.
• A more organised PlayStation Plus area, with sub-categories and new informative banners.
• A number of cosmetic configuration changes (ooh exciting!)
So yeah - let us know what you think of all the planning and hard work! Give it a chance and we think it'll really help you find what you're...
To quote: Another release adding more features to the base app; I tried to squeeze in as many suggestions as possible, feel free to ask for new ones. If you happen to find any bugs, please report them as well.
PS3 Game List v1.4 change-log and features:
Context menu support (right click on list items to activate);
Initial FTP support (download/upload via context menu);
Allows mass renaming of game folders (to match game id or game title);
Choosing not to overwrite an existing update no longer aborts the download process (the next update in line gets selected);
Fixed creation date sorting issue.
PS3 Game List Quick guide (v1.4):
“Game folder”: loads the game info stored at the selected folder/directory (currently one-level deep; further revisions will eliminate the issue);
“Export”: exports/saves your game list as a text file;
• Hamsterball - Sale - (PS3) (now $4.99, original price $9.99)
• Angry Birds - Minis - Sale - (PSP/PS3) (now $1.99, original price $3.99)
• Lara Croft And The Guardian Of Light - Sale - (PS3) (now $7.49,...
139w ago - Today PlayStation 3 developer Robo Hobo has announced that a port of the DOSBox emulator for PS3 is currently in development.
To quote: I'm gonna go ahead and announce my intent to port this (along with SDL) to the PS3 cell SDK. There's still lots of clean up to be done, but I've got dosbox running, including games (I've only tested 'Eye of the Beholder'). The SDL port is still missing audio, mouse, and joystick support.
I'm curious if anyone has any ideas that can be used to allow this to be used to its fullest without hooking up a keyboard. Any ideas on how to mount and load the games, or handling kb input in the games would be appreciated.
Hopefully with an SDL port, other apps can be ported too (that SDL version of mame is looking pretty juicy).
I'll post again later with a link to a code repo. For the curious, here are the code repos for SDL and dosbox. It still needs quite a bit of work, so I wouldn't go too far out of my way to build them yet.