To quote: I've hooked up Showtime to the video decoder libraries already present on the PS3. This will accelerate h264 (Up to level 4.2) and MPEG2 video decoding so it can play up to 1080p content.
If you want to make sure that the Cell acceleration is actually used you can press L3 during video playback to see the status window. Make sure that the video codec mentions (Cell) at the end of the row. Just like in this screenshot.
1. Playback of video and audio
3. Unified search
4. View photos and images in slideshow mode
5. Live TV streaming from Tvheadend
6. Spotify integration
To quote: Today, I'm releasing version 1.4 of the Homebrew Stealthing Utility. I have changed around some functions on it to make it more compatible with homebrew without losing features.
It now automatically looks recursively in sub directories to find any and all ini files, reads them into memory, and changes all references to the original homebrew gameid to the one its being stealthed as.
I have also added some extra features specific to MultiMan, such as removing log cleaning and turning of FTP, both user choice. Just as the last release was, this one was tested thoroughly on multiple machines and even a couple virtual machines.
Added Features Include:
Automatic ini (options) file modification, processes all ini files
Turn off auto log cleaning in MultiMan
Disable FTP on startup in MultiMan
Some rarely occurring bug fixes
Some homebrew has a static call back to a specific folder, still working on that. Dev_Blind is an example of this.
1. put flash drive into computer and make the folder structure of customize/modz (example F:/customize/modz)
2. put all your customized files in that folder.
3. make sure all the names of the files are the same as the orginal (case sesitive)
4. copy ES35's Customize v0.1.geohot.pkg to the root of your flash drive (example F:/)
5. put that flash drive into the ps3, and go to install pkg files.
6. install ES35's Customize v0.1.geohot.pkg
7. scroll down to ES35's Customize v0.1
8. observe the great graphics of the icon and background image, and remember to donate.
9. open it, and click install.
To Clean up:
1. Open it, press the up and down dpad buttons to scroll to clean it up.
2. press X.
139w ago - Today Ubisoft PR Coordinator Alex Monney has announced that Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Trilogy is coming to PS3 with 3D!
To quote: For the last few months, we've been working on bringing the first three Splinter Cell games - Splinter Cell, Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - to the PS3.
Splinter Cell and Sam Fisher don't need an introduction; these three games are highly acclaimed games and it has been a great pleasure for us to work on these titles.
The PS3 Game
When we started this project, one of our main goals was to provide the players with the best possible content. Hence we decided to port the game from the PC version which had more content and detail compared to the PS2 version.