To quote from the NFO file: Official release of C4E's iXtreme LT+
• Supports Benq and Liteon Drives (74850, 83850V1, 83850V2, 93450)
• Optimized PFI code to accommodate AP25 SS data
• Defeats current AP25 protection
• Protects console from logging AP25 violation
• Full disc stealth used by default
• Waveless booting, disc images are assumed to be correct!
• Split-Vid used as default
If booting an AP25 title without AP25 SS game will not boot but will still be protected from logging AP25 violation on current dash 2.0.12611.0. If LT+ encounters an unknown AP25 challenge, game will not boot but console will still...
133w ago - Update: KinectMan2 has now posted a video (below) of a non-open source version he did, and MarcanTweeted he did the same with his open-source libfreenect as well. Below are the videos!
With the recent Kinect release for XBox 360, a bounty has been offered by Adafruit Industries for an open-source Kinect driver.
The challenge found on Adafruit's Web site states the following, to quote:
What do we (all) want?
Open source drivers for this cool USB device, the drivers and/or application can run on any operating system - but completely documented and under an open source license. To demonstrate the driver you must also write an application with one "window" showing video (640 x 480) and one window showing depth. Upload all of this to GitHub.
How get the bounty ($2,000 USD)
Anyone around the world can work on this, including Microsoft Upload your code, examples and documentation to GitHub. First person / group to get RGB out with distance values being used wins, you're smart...
133w ago - Last week we reported on a new XBox 360 video game protection, and today SoulHeaven at Logic-Sunrise.com (linked above) shared a hack that allows users to bypass Microsoft's new AP2.5 dashboard 12611 update via exploit to play Fable 3 using a chip.
To quote, roughly translated: This hack requires the use of the chip x360SED v1.0 created by SoulHeaven and will be sold within a few days exclusively on Librasoft Consoles and LS Store.
The principle is simple:
• Install the chip x360SED between the 360 mainboard and the DVD player, and solder the one wire on the sync button on the console controllers
• Install your Fable III on your console's hard drive (From an original or a backup)
• Insert the game Fable III until it is recognized by the dashboard (Image of the game while taking the square)
• Press the sync button levers to eject the game Fable III
• Insert an original game Xbox 360 (Any), press again and the sync button controllers
• Press A to start the game Fable III starts without worries.
Those interested can check out the POC video below of it in action!
136w ago - Geremia at XBoxHacker.org (linked above) reports that Tarablinda v0.4b has arrived and is working with XBox 360 Slim DG16D4S drives.
Tarablinda is a collection of hacks and tricks which he discovered during hw and fw exploration (allows to extract dvdkey and more and since this last version even an experimental way to dump the whole FW).
To quote: Thanks for running the test app, i figured out nothing interesting from it but thanks for doing it anyway, ehehheeh
I had no time, no will and no more than 2 drive to test, and i'm not willing to support it too much, it's just a proof of concept. It can contain bugs and it's not an idiot proof app.
I spent 2 months of spare night-time on this, from decapping to fullrawdump, passing by descrambling fw, reversing fw, bruteforcing, finding usefull cdb commands, bugs and tricks. This is the result, not the beginning of something else.
Since it's my hobby, i'm free to do what i like, just enjoy it or hate it, i dont' care. Slim liteon is well detectable and also lockable to a permanent read-only SPI flash, it's just a matter of MS to push the red button.