203w ago - Update: NetFlix has finally shipping out the instant streaming discs for Wii owners. In order to request the disc, you have to log onto the official NetFlix Web site.
After many rumors, today the New York Times has officially confirmed that online movie rental service Netflix will be expanding to the Nintendo Wii console this Spring.
Considering the Wii's small internal memory, it should come as no surprise that this service will require an Instant Streaming Disc in the Wii each time someone wants to watch a movie, just like the PS3.
But while it's speculated that the PS3 will be getting an onboard solution to this problem, the same shouldn't be expected for Nintendo's console.
To quote: "The real winner in this? Netflix, of course. The online rental company has become quite ubiquitous these days. Even now I'm sure that a strong majority of our readership has a little red envelope either ready to be watched or sealed and ready for the long journey back home to the nearest Netflix shipping center.
• Support for command and dip_plugin Cover in ehcmodule
• Be deleted using the CIOS 249 (not needed, nor supports the features of uLoader, although suppressed by label)
• Added support 16:9
• Added screensaver mode
• Add alternate menu setup, where you can select whether BCA disk is taken from the database (sd: / bca_database.txt) or in the case of HDD disk / pendrive get the BCA database and 0x100 offset program it in the game
• Add button (slider below) to suppress the vibration of the controller. Furthermore, it has fixed the shakes that occurred occasionally in the read / write
• Add button (top slider) to select 4 icons and 2 sizes for the pointer (hand "special", skull, life preservers and hook [+ laughs]). In case of alternative uLoader, continues with his hand always.
• Add cute...
205w ago - Sun Driver (SATA version) arrives with very nice and simple retail packaging and a couple hdd's ready to be tested!
Installation is very simple (no harder than replacing the drive)
The fit for power, flat cable and sata data/power are all very solid (sata connections are especially tight which is nice because I've some cheap sata connectors on other devices where the cable can fall out if bumped)
2.5in hdd fit's nicely as expected. The tight power/data connection and 2 mounting screws are more than enough to keep the hdd in place and secure.
A good look over Sun Drivers PCB shows of the quality from manufacturing.. all connections, components, etc are clean and there is no slop left over or bad solder here!
NOTE: (Sun Driver may come shipped to you with switches all set to "ON" please REMEMBER switch them all away from led -> to take advantage of the GC SunDiskMenu01.ISO to switch games)
Some sexy photo's of Sun Driver's led showing status. Old face plate mod for SunDisk .. will probably do some nice mod for Sun Driver soon also
Installing games and configuring Sun Driver is easy and fast.
Power on Wii with "Eject" button and 4 switches to the right and...
For those unaware, BCA is the new protection utilized in new Nintendo Wii games and with the editor you can have the BCA codes to use with the loader which can patch on the fly (uLoader, GX and configurable etc.)
Changelog, roughly translated:
• New IOS 38 base. dev/mload with powerfull features and EHCI driver
based in interruptions and more stable
• Support for DVD USB Devices: It can run only DVD backups from .iso (original don't work because DVD drivers don't support the Wii format). Remember you must insert a DVD to work at start the program.
• Support for BCA datas. You can add it from .ISO offset 0x100 (64 bytes). If this area is filled with zeroes it use one BCA by default (NSMB compatible).
• New ioctl 0xda function supported in dip_plugin and new option added for
• DVD mode to read the BCA Datas from the original DVD
• Support to load games from DVD with alternative DOL (press '2' without
• USB device or press...