142w ago - Today the next wave of PS3 dongles has started, enter the Cobra USB from Max Louarn of Divineo / Supreme Factory, which features the ability to run Blu-ray, DVD and PS1 game iSOs and PSP Mini games from the PlayStation 3 hard drive.
The PS3 USB device is slated for release on April 11 and currently requires v3.41 PS3 Firmware, however, it can downgrade from PlayStation 3 Firmware v3.50 with the related PDF guides and files available HERE.
From their official site linked above, to quote:
Cobra USB - The Ultimate PS3 USB solution features:
• ** Blu Ray Movie region free functionality
• ** Allows you to play Blu Ray movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Allows you to play DVD movie ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PS1 game ISO's from HDD
• ** Integrated support to play PSP mini games from HDD
• ** Enjoy PS3 games with files >4GB on external USB HDD
• Supports FAT and SLIM PS3 consoles any region
• Supports versions up to 3.50 (console must be running 3.41)
• Play PS3 games from internal HDD
• MCU firmware and flash firmware updatable using easy to...
148w ago - On this Super Bowl Sunday Brandon Wilson has released PS3Jig v1.0, which is a PS3 Factory / Service Mode Jig Dongle downgrader for the Sony PSP handheld.
He has confirmed the PS3 downgrader / Service Mode Jig PSP port can be used for <= FW3.55 homebrew and works on 1001 5.50 GEN-D CFW. For those interested, IndyColtsFan84 has also made a PS3Jig Downgrade Tutorial for PS3 Firmware 3.50 and 3.55.
To quote from his page: PS3Jig is a homebrew program for the PSP that emulates the official Sony "jig" stick for entering Factory/Service mode. All you need to do is attach a USB cable between your PS3 and PSP, run the program, and turn on your PS3, just like any other downgrade/service mode method.
AS OF THIS WRITING, THERE IS NO WAY TO EXIT FACTORY/SERVICE MODE ON PS3 FIRMWARE VERSION 3.56, SO DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE THIS ON PS3 FIRMWARE VERSION 3.56 UNTIL YOU READ OTHERWISE ELSEWHERE!
151w ago - Today pspLT has released the first PS3 homebrew via DemonHades, namely a PC Engine emulator dubbed PCE Emu, that runs on PlayStation 3 Firmware 3.41 without a dongle although a dongle is still required to install it.
To quote, roughly translated: Now, who is still with 3.41 firmware? Well, i don't know if this a good news or a not so pleasant one but it certainly worth of noting about.
Using a dongle to jailbreak your PS3 is hassling a lot of your time, even so the power + eject button is making it more annoying.
So, pspLT from DemonHades has released a nice emulator which is PCE.emu that works with the 3.41 PS3, dongleless. Except for the installation icon razz PCE.emu first PS3 Homebrew Working without Dongle on 3.41
PCE.emu is the name of the first emulator for PS3 that requires no dongle to work!! good one dongle is required to install it from INSTALL PACKAGE... but again to do ffuncionar consecutively and do not need eld ongle! the ps3 it works natively from the XMB, now let technical data:
+ Support for Zip files
+ Cue files can use external audio tracks in Ogg Vorbis...
187w ago - It's been awhile since our last update on PC drivers for PlayStation 3 DualShock 3 and SixAxis controllers, and recently MotionInJoy have updated them to version 0.5 Alpha which allows for using two or more PS3 DS3 gamepads on a single BlueTooth dongle.
To quote: PlayStation 3 controller (Dualshock 3 or SixAxis) driver for Windows. MotionInJoy drives your PlayStation 3 controller on Windows as a general game controller with motion sensor.
I try to improve something following list:
1. Two or more controllers connect to one Bluetooth Dongle at the same time (only compatible with few dongles at the moment).
2. More stable bluetooth connection (Vibration level change too fast, will disconnect the bluetooth connection with version 0.4).
3. Directx mode vibration driver.
4. Add original Xbox controller supporting.
5. Driver install program.