196w ago - Naughty Dog has announced on their blog that the next Uncharted 2 PS3 multiplayer patch update version 1.06 arrives tomorrow.
To quote: Title Update 1.06 will be released on Thursday, March 4, 2010 at 10:00 AM PST. After that time, you will be prompted to download and install Title Update 1.06 when you connect online to UNCHARTED 2 multiplayer.
Title Update 1.06 includes a couple under-the-hood fixes we needed to make that don't affect gameplay. Beyond that, we've also made the following updates:
• Removed automatic shoulder selection when players click the L1 shoulder button to aim
• Delayed the appearance of the scoreboard to allow time for players to view any medals received simultaneously with player death
At the same time the Title Update is released, we'll also be pushing live updates to other aspects of our multiplayer. These updates include:
• Adjusted hitbox attributes so that players will take less damage to the character's legs
• Decreased kill radius of grenades by 1 meter
• Decreased accuracy of Down the Irons by 15%
• Reduced rate of fire of the FAL by 10%
• Reduced rate of fire for the Dragon Sniper by 10%
• Collision and geometry changes to "The Fort" to prevent intentional glitching...
207w ago - Recently Naughty Dog has released two new multiplayer skins for Uncharted 2 on Sony's PS3 entertainment system.
The two skins feature characters from the motion comic, Uncharted: The Eye of Indra, Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton.
If you want to pick them up, the bundle is priced at $5.90 NZD according to Overmind.co.nz (linked above).
Unfortunately, it looks like it's only available via the PAL PlayStation Store.
To quote: "The two skins are Rika Raja and Daniel Pinkerton from the motion comic, Uncharted: The Eye of Indra. The bundle also includes all four episodes of Uncharted: The Eye of Indra, so you can familiarize yourself with the new characters.
218w ago - Today WWS Online Producer Daniel Brooke announced that the Uncharted BETA is now open to all users, as follows:
As some of you may know, the Uncharted 2 public beta has been running for the last couple of weeks, but only for those who pre-ordered the game from certain retailers.
But no longer! Because you can download it from PlayStation Store at 7pm UK, and play all the way up to October 12th!
The Public Beta contains:
• Four maps - The Ice Cave, The Temple, The Village and The Plaza
• Deathmatch, Elimination, Plunder, Chain Reaction, Co-op Gold Rush and an extract from one of our Co-op objective levels
• The Machinima mode, where you can run around the levels and tweak the camera so you can create movies which you can then watch in Cinema mode
• Cinema mode, where you can watch movies of your online matches, or your performances in Machinima mode, then upload them and send them to your friends (as long as they've got the Beta to watch it on of course)
• Twitter option - enter your twitter account details and you'll automatically tweet status updates of your online progress
• Store items - we've included a selection of the Skins, Boosters, and Taunts as well as all the Co-op Weapon Upgrades for you to spend your...
236w ago - Today Naughty Dog Multiplayer Designer Justin Richmond has officially announced that the Uncharted 2: Among Thieves PS3 Multiplayer Beta starts on June 3, 2009.
To quote: For the past few years, we here at Naughty Dog have been cranking away at creating not only a new single player adventure for Nathan Drake, but an awesome new online experience as well.
It has taken blood, sweat, and possibly even a few tears to get to this point, but on June 3, you can get the first crack at a small slice of the multiplayer modes we'll pack into the full game.
Everything in the Uncharted 2 multiplayer experience has been designed to get you into the game and playing quickly, so you can just skip this blog post if you're really that impatient. Just kidding.
When you boot up the beta you'll find we've included 2 playlists for you to try out: co-op and competitive. If you've got friends, we've made it easy to play together - just hit the triangle button to see your PSN friends list and you can send them an invite, join their party, or just check out their profile. Keep in mind that for the beta, the party size is limited to 5 for competitive and 3 for co-op!
Let's give you a quick rundown of our two playlists so you can be ready day one...