104w ago - Today PS2 homebrew developer jimmikaelkael has released Free MC Boot (FMCB) Loader v1.8c and MC2USB Adapter Tools while confirming that the PS3 Memory Card Adaptor (CECHZM1) now allows for Free MC Boot installations via PC.
Additionally, he states that this new release is especially good for countries like Brasil, which imported their consoles from different Sony MagicGate regions.
You can now install FMCB from a PC to MC with these MC-Adapters!
You can sign MC-KELFs to your MCs directly from PC!
You can make multi-region-installs!
The FMCB1.8c-Loader finally includes the V0-Kernel-Fix for those old SCPH-1x000-Consoles (this gives users of those old models the ability to run a few homebrew-apps, which were previously incompatible to those versions)!
1) Proper category_game_tool2.xml required to enable PS2 disc icon in XMB/GAME column in jailbreak mode
2) Original PS2 game required
3) Original PS3 game required
4) PS2 backup extracted in one of the folders where multiMAN looks for games (usually with your PS3 backups)
1) Reboot your PS3 in JB mode
2) Put original PS3 disc
3) Launch multiMAN and mount your PS2 game backup
4) Replace the PS3 disc with original PS2 disc
5) PS2 disc icon should appear in GAMES column. Try to launch it.
132w ago - Here is my WIP project on PS2 HDD support and discless ELF launching from the PS3 XMB. First off I'd like to thank w1zard0f07 for being able to at least try helping me out with this one.
Over the last month or so I have been working on a little trick for the Phat Model PS3s. In summary FFXI is PS2 title that requires PS2 HDD support which is added via this pkg ([NPIA00001] PS2 System Files).
From there a "PS2 partition is made", which translates to an IMAGE.DAT file being made to exactly 12GB (according to GameOS/FTP this file is 0kb large)
The contents of this HDD is listed in the attached "Blank PS2 HDD.txt" (The partition list is corrupted according to w1zard0f07, quote "APA partition table on your dump file is broken")
The XMB icon is not launchable by this point, and requires the PlayOnline Viewer to be installed. This undergoes a certificate process, and then continues to install PlayOnline viewer to the "PS2 HDD." It is after this point the XMB icon is launchable, and goes straight into the PS2 mode reading from PP.SCUS-97269.1000.POLVIEWER and launching...
132w ago - Although it's been awhile since the previous update, today JNABK reports that Ifcaro has released Open PS2 Loader v0.8 for PS3 complete with Source Code followed by version 0.9 and v0.91 below.
For those unaware, this application allows for loading PS2 iSO images on PlayStation 3 consoles with PS2 support... meaning it must be a non-Slim PlayStation 3 model with (4) USB ports.
133w ago - Today Gamerzines.com (linked above) reports that the Sony BRAVIA KDL-22PX300 TV which includes a built-in PS2 has arrived in the UK- pretty neat for those without a PlayStation 2.
Below are the specifications, and to quote: "Sony's 22" TV, which retails at £199, features a PS2 console integrated directly into the stand, letting you play PS2 games and watch DVDs without the need for a separate console.
The 720p TV also includes BRAVIA Internet Video Access, allowing you access to streaming services like YouTube and on-demand television, plus four HDMI inputs."
Sony BRAVIA KDL-22PX300 PS2 Combo 22" LCD with Bravia Internet Video and Ready for Wi-Fi Specifications:
• HD Ready: Enjoy your TV shows and movies with the detail and quality of high definition.
• TV combo consisting of a TV and a PS2.
• BRAVIA Internet Video: A new way of watching television, can easily see the programs of the service a la carte TV, or streaming audiovisual content on-line sites like YouTube without a PC.
• Prepared for Wi-Fi with USB adapter.
• HD TV tuner integrated MPEG-4 AVC: forget the set and access to TV...