169w ago - Earlier today we reported on the PS3AVR / TinyAVR, and now yet another PS JailBreak PS3 modchip USB clone dubbed P3Free has surfaced.
The official Web site (linked above) is still a WIP, however, a few photos and specifications are available below.
P3Free PS3 ModChip Specifications:
• Supports all PS3 models, FAT and Slim all regions
• After booting the P3Free you can remove the device from the ps3 and continue your homebrew
• Support all homebrew, like Back Up Manager and PS3 FTP Server
• Can backup Blue-Ray ISO to ps3 internal disk and external USB disk
• Supports network transfers, FTP transfer your data between PC and PS3
• Fully upgradeable, supports USB upgrade and FPC port upgrade
• Contains a build-in bootloader
• Has an hardware RESET button to reset the device when needed
Finally, the site states PSFree is in stock and additional photos and a user guide will be available soon.
169w ago - Today another PS JailBreak PS3 modchip USB clone has arrived called PS3AVR, I have ordered one and arrival date is due around the 16-17th of September so I will let you know how it performs guys 'n gals.
From their site (linked above): All PS3AVR dongles will be shipped blank so that there are no legal issues with importing and selling these items. Software will be made available to download so they can be programmed from a PC USB port with NO additional hardware.
Finished testing prototype devices on all regions of PS3 both Fat and Slim. Mass production to start and first batch should be available for shipping on the 6th of September.
We've received our first finished batch with protective rubber coating so no chance of shorting the device and damaging the PS3 USB like other designs out there. All dealers will receive their stock within the next...
169w ago - Another clone PS3 modchip called the PS3Liberator by NBZ360 has arrived today, which offers similar features (detailed below) as the PS JailBreak except it doesn't ship with the code on the chip.
The official site (linked above) appears to be catering to the French market, however they do state they offer shipping to the US as well with a pricetag of €49 each including shipping.
• Works on all PS3 (PAL / NTSC) * Slim and Fat
• Play PS3 backups from the internal drive or USB disk
• Compatible with all sizes of external drives
• Updates via USB PS3liberator
• Possible to connect the console via FTP
• Play homebrew and emulators
• Can be removed after the console started
• PS3liberator contains no code Sony! 100% legal
• Quality workmanship impeccable NBZ
The PS3Liberator compatible with all game consoles?
The PS3liberator works with all consoles without exception, unless an update to 3.42 or greater was performed. If your Playstation 3 is in firmware 3.41 or lower, then the PS3liberator is compatible with your console is a FAT, a SLIM, foreign or not (PAL, NTSC-U and NTSC-J)
170w ago - Since the release of the PSGroove open-source PS JailBreak PS3 exploit there have been numerous clones and ports in the works to other devices, which now includes the JailBreak Tiny (dubbed PSGroove Buddy) and a WIP Android port.
xiaNaix of PSX-Scene.com (linked above) reports via TiaoWiki.com that the JailBreak Tiny is under development by the TIAO community, who state the following about the project, to quote:
"We are working hard on the Jailbreak Tiny (a.k.a PSGroove Buddy) for your PS3. You can install open-source firmware (PSGroove etc.) to this USB dongle, which will enable you to run homebrews on your PS3!
We haven't decided on the price, but as usual, it won't be expensive and our price is always SHIPPED price! It will have diygadget/TIAO logo."