101w ago - Sony Associate Product Marketing Manager Brian Dunn has announced today that the Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition will be hitting PlayStation 3 this month for $39.99.
To quote: I'm happy to announce Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition, a brand-new version of Gran Turismo 5 packed with even more features, functionality, and content.
Here's what you can expect to find inside when it rolls out to stores starting January 17th:
Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition Contents
• Original Gran Turismo 5 game, featuring more than 1,000 cars, 20+ locations with 70+ track layouts, diverse racing styles including rally, track, karting, NASCAR, and more, deep online community features and online racing, plus Gran Turismo TV, Course Maker and more.
• All of the new and improved features and functionality from all free downloadable game updates up through Spec 2.0 included on the disc.
• Voucher good for over $20 worth of DLC content, including the Racing Car Pack, Car Pack 2, Course Pack, Racing Gear Pack, and Paint Pack.
The XL Edition will also feature a new reversible inside coversheet featuring the new Red Bull X2011 supercar, to add a different...
105w ago - Sony Community Manager Locust_Star has announced today that PlayStation Home update patch version 1.60 will be arriving this Thursday with details below, as follows:
This Thursday, December 8th, we will release the latest update to the PlayStation Home client.
PlayStation Home version 1.60 delivers a wealth of improvements and updates to the core client, not the least of which is a doubling of the item placement limit in personal spaces!
Here's a look at what's coming to you as part of PlayStation Home v1.60:
How to Apply the v1.60 Patch
If you are upgrading from an old version of Home (v1.40 or earlier) then when you attempt to apply the v1.60 patch please wait for the orange "hard drive activity" light to stop flashing on your PS3 before commencing the patching process.
• Furniture Placement Limit
• We have doubled the furniture placement limit in personal spaces and clubhouses from 50 to 100 items.
• Standard and active furniture limits have been merged into the same system. Currently all actives take up 22 furniture slots in the new system. Thus you can now place a variety of different combinations:
• 100 standard furniture items or...
• 78 standard furniture items...
134w ago - Today James Gallagher has shared a video and word that Capcom's Asuras Wrath currently points to a 2012 release on the PS3 entertainment system.
To quote: After seeing this trailer at Captivate, the hotel was rattling with chat of 'God Finger', 'Heavenly Point' and 'Space Cuticle'.
The game was actually Asura's Wrath and, with so many of the games on show such as Dragon's Dogma suggesting a shift towards more Western influences with new Capcom games, it had a distinctly Japanese feel along similar lines to the likes of God Hand.
However, while there's nothing new about an action game featuring gigantic Gods, there's one series that PlayStation fans are particularly familiar with, so I asked director Seiji Shimoda how far the similarities run...
First of all I'm honored for Asura's Wrath to be mentioned in the same breath as God of War - I have played it and it's an incredible game. Superficially, there are some resemblances but we're hoping that, as you see more of Asura's Wrath, you're going feel that it's something completely different; that it doesn't really compare with anything else in action gaming.